The downside to food blogging is that you are constantly trying to create new content.
All. the. time.
For every “blog worthy” recipe you see there are about three that weren’t. So you can imagine that it is pretty rare for us to repeat meals around our house. Most of our very favorites, like these shrimp and grits or cheesy chicken and rice don’t get much play because I have so many other ideas!
So when I tell you that I made this dish THREE TIMES in one week that is really saying something!
This was absolutely not meant to be a recipe for the blog. In fact, I made this on a Saturday when SIX dishes that were meant to be for the blog failed. Like bombed majorly.
Out of total and complete frustration I grabbed a handful of ingredients and readied to drown my frustration in a bowl of carbs. I cooked some gluten free penne noodles, some brussels sprouts until they were perfectly crispy, and made a garlic and brown butter sauce. From start to finish this is done in under 20 minutes and oh man, is it a well spent 20 minutes!
I enjoyed this as a meal of it’s own twice. Then doubled the recipe and made it as a side dish and even my brussels sprouts hating husband liked it!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 6 Brussels Sprouts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and brussels sprouts, sliced side down. Cook 3 minutes. Turn and cook one more minute.
- Add butter, garlic, and spices.
- Cook 2 minutes stirring regularly. The butter will brown nicely and the garlic will get a little crisp.
- Pour over the pasta and toss with shredded parmesan.