These Seasoned Black Beans are so simple to prepare and will be a big hit with your family! And as a bonus, I am helping giveaway a KITCHEN AID MIXER so keep reading!
Sometimes, actually, often times there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
I am a pretty organized person so I normally have everything that needs to be done for the day written out. I have always been like that, with work, school, real life, and the blog. I love the satisfaction of checking something off my to do list. But I am often really hard on my self when I don’t get everything taken care of. Especially with Maebells. I don’t like feeling like I have unfinished business, but that is exactly how it feels when I don’t have time to respond to emails or comments or time a dinner wrong and run out of daylight for the photos.
So I have been working on some recipes that are for those days when you just don’t have much left in you at the end of the day. These Seasoned Black Beans are a great example of how quickly you can throw together a meal with a couple of basic pantry staples. Here is how we do it!
Add one can of undrained black beans to a medium size sauce pan and throw in some spices and a dash of hot sauce. Let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes. Yep, that is it!
Told you this was for days when you have nothing left to give!
I used these seasoned black beans in these loaded Tex Mex Bowls. All I did was add cooked rice, black beans, some rotisserie chicken, and our favorite vegetables and shredded cheese in a big old bowl and topped it with a Creamy Tex Mex sauce and tortilla strips.
It is a dinner that comes together extremely quickly, is still healthy, and gives you a new idea for a rotisserie chicken! These black beans can be used a million different ways. We have also had them with tacos or with grilled chicken and salsa.
- For the Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- For the Creamy Tex Mex Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- Heat a small or medium sauce pan to medium heat.
- Add the undrained can of black beans, hot sauce and spices. Reduce heat to medium low and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes, no more than 30 minutes.
- For the Sauce: Combine the sour cream and hot sauce
- For the Loaded Tex Mex Bowls
- Add ½ cup cooked rice, ½ cup Seasoned Black Beans, a handful of shredded or rotisserie chicken, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, tortillas strips (or chips) and the Creamy Tex Mex Sauce.
As promised, we’re giving away a truly awesome prize today – a KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series with Pouring Shield! What’s not to love about that?
Giveaway organized by Juggling Act Mama
ABOUT THE PRIZE: KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series with Pouring Shield
- Winner chooses color – Empire Red, Ice (blue), Contour Silver or White on White
- Multipurpose attachment hub, over 15 optional attachments
- 5-quart stainless steel bowl, dishwasher safe
- Tilt-head design
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, wire whip and 1-piece pouring shield, 1-year warranty
- 2-piece pouring shield with large chute for adding ingredients
- 325-watt mixer with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl
Enter the KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. Some entries, such as tweeting can be done daily so be sure to check back.
RULES: Open to US/CAN Residents only. 1 winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize is valued at $300 USD. Winner may choose a $300 USD Amazon gift card in lieu of prize if desired. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with KitchenAid, Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
a Rafflecopter giveaway