In my never ending quest to cram as much caffeine as possible into my granola I have created a gem of a recipe.
World, meet Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola. You will wonder how you ever lived without it!
To be fair, this was sort of an accident. I have been feeling rather uninspired lately and was having a hard time thinking of things to share with you. I needed to create some recipes for the blog, but since my creative juices were not yet flowing I opted for our trusty, Mocha Granola recipe. I turned the oven on, got out a mixing bowl, the coconut oil, the honey, the oats, and as a I reached into the cabinet to grab the espresso powder I saw a can of untouched pumpkin.
And just like that, plans were changed. Dare I add pumpkin to my trusty recipe?!
When in doubt always, always add pumpkin, I say
The rest is history my friends. We devoured this in less than two days. TWO days! It does not have an overwhelming pumpkin or coffee flavor, rather a perfect blend of the two. It really does taste very close to an actual Pumpkin Spice Latte, but of course in a more convenient, less expensive form!
This is seriously the most perfect, healthy, fall snack! You will absolutely love it if you try it!
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (one to go packet)
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (I used gluten free)
- ⅓ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine coconut oil and honey in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Microwave 45 seconds or until coconut oil is melted.
- Add pumpkin, spices and espresso powder, stir mixture until well dissolved.
- Add oats and pecans, stir mixture until all oats are completely covered
- Grab a large baking sheet, line with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread oats mixture thinly and evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, stir mixture, bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove oats from oven, let them cool.
- Store in an air tight container
Check out these other awesome granola recipes!