One of my favorite breakfast or snack options is a fruit and yogurt parfait. I love them, they absolutely never get old. Cold, creamy yogurt mixed with fresh fruit and crunchy granola. Yum! What’s not to love?!
But until now I didn’t have the perfect parfait granola. Something sweet, crunchy, but not overpowering. I love my Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola and I am obsessed with this Mocha Granola, but neither one are quite what I am looking for with fruit and yogurt. So, I did some experimenting. I made several batches and played around with flavors like cinnamon raisin and maple walnut, just to name a few. None of them hit the spot.
Eventually I decided on Honey Vanilla Almond Granola. This smelled amazing when it was cooking, but as soon as I tasted it I knew we had a winner. This totally knocked my socks off! The honey and vanilla really shine through and compliment the almonds perfectly! I enjoyed this with a couple different flavors and fruits, but my favorite was vanilla yogurt and freshly chopped peaches piled high with granola loaded on top. Perfection!
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups Old Fashioned Oats (I used Bobs Red Mill GF oats)
- 1¼ cups almonds*
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a microwave proof bowl combine the oil and honey. Heat for 45 seconds at a time until the oil is melted.
- Add vanilla, stir well to be sure it is combined.
- Pour in oats and almonds stir until everything looks moist and covered in the honey mixture.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, dump the oat mixture on the pan and make sure it is spread evenly.
- Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and stir everything well. Bake 10 more minutes. Remove and let cool completely before storing.
- *Regular almonds work great, but Blue Diamond Honey Vanilla Almonds are fantastic in this.