Are you as obsessed with these little sweet peppers as I am? I never leave the grocery without them. They are good in all sorts of things. I toss them in marinara, fried rice, a good hash, really anything. But my favorite way to have them is to stuff them. They make the most perfect appetizers or light dinners. I normally default to Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers or Buffalo Chicken, but sometimes you just need something a little different.
I have always been a big tuna fan. Actually one of my favorite meals growing up was a tuna wrap. Just a tortilla, tuna, and shredded cheese. Simple and delicious! But as I have gotten older and my appreciation for food has changed I need a little something more than the basics. So, for a fun treat I grabbed Bubble Bee Chipotle Tuna and a bag of sweet peppers and got to work!
These Chipotle Tuna Stuffed Sweet Peppers are super easy to throw together. Just a few basic ingredients for a quick lunch or a light dinner. The Chipotle Tuna isn’t really spicy, but it has a great smokey flavor with a hint of heat that is perfectly balanced with the sweet peppers.
Here is how we make them!
Slice your peppers in half and remove any seeds. Place your peppers in a single layer on a nice big baking sheet. In a mixing bowl combined the drained Chipotle Tuna, cream cheese, spices, green onions and cheddar and mix well. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each sweet pepper and top with a little extra shredded cheddar.
Pop those babies in the oven until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Top with green onions, cilantro, some sliced avocados or tomatoes for a simple, delicious dinner!
- 1 (8 ounce) pack of sweet peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) can Bubble Bee Chipotle Tuna, drained well
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice sweet peppers lengthwise and remove any seeds. Place the peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combined the tuna, cream cheese, chili powder, green onions and 1/2 cup of the cheddar. Mix until completely combined.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each sweet pepper, top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
If you love the looks of these tasty Chipotle Tuna Stuffed Sweet Peppers you will love the other flavors of Bubble Bee Sensations! They are lightly marinated premium tuna that is delicious on-the-go, or as an addition to your favorite sandwich or seafood recipe!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.