I’m sharing SCHARFFEN BERGER in my life as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars. Classic whoopie pies get a fun and festive twist with peppermint buttercream. These are a must for your holiday celebrations!
I’m so excited to share this delicious desert with you today, it combines two of my all time favorites, dark chocolate and peppermint! I love the combination of chocolate and peppermint, especially around the holidays! This time of year I typically turn to peppermint mocha to get my fix, but I wanted to try something new. These Dark Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pies are a festive treat perfect to take to all of your holiday parties! The chocolate cakes are soft and moist, and are filled with a whipped Dark Chocolate Peppermint frosting.
For this recipe I used SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder in my cookies and frosting. It is organic, non-GMO, certified kosher, and gluten free which is perfect for our gluten free household. These little cookies come together pretty quickly, you probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry. The one ingredient you may not have, but definately want to add is SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder. SCHARFFEN BERGER is not just focused on creating an amazing product created from the finest cacao beans from around the world, they are focused on doing it in a responsible, sustainable way.
They are Rainforest Alliance Certified™ which means they craft deeply satisfying chocolate in a socially responsible way. SCHARFFEN BERGER Chocolate is made with cacao from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms. Which means this is a product that doesn’t just taste delicious, but a product you can feel great about using.
These whoopie pies can be made ahead of time because they freeze beautifully. You can make a double or triple batch and give them as teacher gifts or for other special people in your life! These festive cookies will be a hit at any holiday party!
- 2 cups gluten free Bisquick
- 1/4 cup SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- For the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Frosting
- 3 cups marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease at least two large baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with a baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gluten free Bisquick,SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a second small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Using your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, butter and egg.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and the milk mixture, alternating back and forth between the two, beating until the batter is well combined and a dough begins to form.
- Using a small cookie scoop spoon the the batter out into mounds on your prepared baking sheets.
- These spread out so be sure to leave a couple inches in-between.
- Transfer the baking sheets to your pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Tansfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat together the marshmallow creme/fluff, powdered sugar, SCHARFFEN BERGER 100% Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder, butter and peppermint extract until well combined.
- Assemble the whoopie pies by spreading the filling onto the flat side of one of cookies, top with another cookie.
Other Easy Desserts