This super easy One Pan Enchilada dish will become a family favorite! Ground beef, black beans, a flavorful enchilada sauce, tortillas and cheese come together for a simple one pan, 20 minute meal!
This meal has become my saving grace.
This is my i-just-want-to-wear-sweatpants-and-binge-watch-west-wing-all-night dinner, and because this meal is on the table in 20 minutes, I can!
Yep, you heard me right from beginning to end this is a 20 minute, one pan meal! This was actually kind of an accident. I was planning on making real enchiladas one night, but I was running really late so making regular enchiladas would have put us eating dinner at like 10, and since I am in bed by 9:30…that was kind of a problem.
So I decided a short cut was in order! I remembered seeing a recipe for burritos or something where it was all made right int he same pan, so I thought why not try that with enchiladas?!
So after I browned the ground beef I threw in a can of black beans. Then tossed all of my enchilada sauce ingredients right in with the beef and let it simmer a bit, then added sliced corn tortillas and cheese. Bam! One Pan Enchiladas!
This is the perfect easy dinner when your running short on time…or just being lazy!
I loaded these up with sour cream, sliced avocado, tomatoes, and green onions, but you can garnish them with your favorite Mexican fixings, or enjoy the meat, beans, and cheese in all their glory!
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 recipe Homemade Enchilada Sauce (recipe link below)
- 6 corn tortillas,cut in half then sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain off grease.
- Add the rinsed and drained black beans and homemade enchilada sauce ingredients (you can just add the enchilada sauce ingredients right into the pan, you don't have to make it separately)
- Stir mixture well, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced tortilla strips, stir well, top with cheese and cover. Let mixture simmer 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Get the Homemade Enchilada Sauce recipe here!