Super easy gluten free No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars! These bars perfect for an easy snack!
A brand new year! How do you feel about new beginnings? I have always been partial to them. I love a fresh, clean planner full of possibilities. In school I loved the beginning of the year with brand new notebooks, empty folders, it just felt like anything could happen. New is nice, it is exciting!
I don’t generally make New Years resolutions but I know many people do. Probably the most common resolution is to eat a bit healthier. These No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a great way to eat a bit healthier without giving up your sweet tooth! These simple granola bars are packed with gluten free oats, pecans, peanut butter, honey and of course a healthy dose of chocolate chips!
I usually make a double batch on Sundays to have as a quick snack when your sweet tooth is calling or something easy to pack in lunches. This is also very easy to adapt to your own preferences. For example, adding in white chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, coconuts, raisins, or anything else in your cabinet would work!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (optional)
- In a microwaveable bowl or small sauce pan melt first three ingredients and stir well.
- Add in protein powder, if you are using it, blend well. When mixture is combined add oats and stir until oats are coated.
- Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil, spread mixture into pan, it will be very thick.
- Top with pecans and chocolate chips, place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until well set, then peel foil off and cut into bars, store in fridge.
Adapted and inspired by The Marathon Mom’s blog, if you would like to take a look at her version the link is here.
More Peanut Butter Treats