I love the peppermint mocha from Starbucks. Love it. But this year I am *trying* not to buy one. I mean I have coffee, chocolate and peppermint at home. So why pay someone else $7 to make me one. Right?
Well there is a Starbucks right inside our grocery store AND they just got new buggies with cupholders IN them! Basically my biggest challenge in life was just solved.
So I am finding it very difficult to throw on my yoga pants, sweat shirt and baseball cap every Saturday morning and head to the grocery and ignore the aroma of freshly brewed espresso wafting through the air.
So, after I went to the market I ran in the house grabbed all my ingredients and made a ginormous slow cooker peppermint mocha cocoa to try to sustain my craving.
This is a really easy, versatile item to add to your holiday line up because it only takes a few minutes to prepare and you can adjust it according to your preferences. I highly recommend serving this with a big bowl of whipped cream and crushed candy canes for the ultimate festive hot cocoa bar!
- 10 cups strongly brewed coffee*
- 2 packets dark chocolate cocoa mix
- ½ cup peppermint mocha creamer
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir.
- Place slow cooker on low and stir occasionally.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
- *For the strong coffee I brewed ten cups of water with ¾ cup dark ground coffee