This Sweet and Spicy Habanero Chicken with Mango Salsa is grilled to perfection and packed with flavor! Today’s recipe is brought to you by Lipton! Thank you for supporting brands that support Maebells!
Hi there! Welcome back! I hope you are enjoying the last couple weeks of Summer! Are you spending the weekends soaking up the last bit of pool time? Or are you counting down the days until Fall? Here on the farm we are enjoying the slightly cooler temps, our big garden and grilled dinners!
We will welcome Fall with open arms, but right now we are enjoying the sunshine, long days and fresh produce summer has to offer!
I’ve got a really delicious dinner for you today. This Sweet and Spicy Habanero Chicken with Mango Salsa is a flavor packed dinner that is lean and loaded with protein, fruit and vegetables. Here is how we make it! For this dish we make our very own habanero mango marinade. Just a few simple ingredients provide you with a rich marinade that is loaded with delicious ingredients like habanero, mango, brown sugar and cilantro! To make our marinade we just combine our ingredients in a blender and blend until it is completely smooth. Your marinade will be nice and creamy because of the fresh mango. Use 3/4 of the marinade for one pound of chicken and reserve the rest for brushing on your chicken while it is on the grill. Just grill your Habanero Chicken for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Brush with the remaining marinade to keep them nice and moist and loaded with flavor.
While your chicken is cooking you can make a quick mango salsa. This salsa is the stuff dreams are made of! It is delicious with chips, over chicken or just by itself. We just combine mango, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and some lime juice. Spoon your salsa right over your habanero chicken for an easy delicious dinner you will love! The sweet and spicy combo is irresistible and it pairs perfectly with Lipton Diet Green Tea Mixed Berry flavored iced tea!
I am a big fan of Lipton Diet Iced Tea and I love the light fresh Mixed Berry flavor, it is especially refreshing during summer! The smooth, delicious taste of Lipton Mixed Berry green tea has a burst of berry flavor that perfectly compliments the sweet mango salsa and the spicy kick from the habanero marinade.
This dinner is the perfect dish to make for your end of summer get togethers with family and friends! It is a new twist that is totally different from traditional grilled chicken and is pretty easy to make! Serve with ready to drink Lipton iced tea for a reimagined summer dish!
- For the Sweet and Spicy Habanero Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup mango, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
- For the Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch of cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor combine the marinade ingredients and blend until smooth. In a bowl or ziplock bag combine 3/4 of the marinade and the chicken together and let sit in a refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Reserve the remaining 1/4 cup marinade for glazing the chicken breast as the cook.
- Heat a grill to medium heat and cook the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To make the Mango Salsa:
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients with the lime juice and toss gently.
- Serve the warm chicken breast with fresh mango salsa over the top. This is great with rice, black beans and tortilla chips!
Lipton and Food Network have teamed up to bring you deliciously reimagined meals and #BrightBites! Visit them to find creative twists for Summer meals!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.