Enjoy Blueberry Almond French Toast and Salted Caramel Almond Crusted French Toast for a decadent weekend breakfast! Today’s post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds! Thank you for supporting brands that support Maebells!
The weekend is almost here! Hallelujah!
I have mentioned before that Mr. Maebell and I do not get many weekends together. Which means on those wonderful, rare occasions when we do I make it special. I always make a big breakfast, something that we don’t get on busy weekdays like pancakes, overnight casseroles, or maybe biscuits and gravy.
Last weekend, I knew I wanted to do something totally different so I grabbed a few of my kitchen staples like bread, milk, eggs, vanilla and a few containers of Blue Diamond Almonds and got to work! I made not one, but two flavors of Almond Crusted French Toast!
I made Salted Caramel Almond Crusted French Toast (my favorite) and Blueberry Almond Crusted French Toast (Mr. Maebell’s favorite) This breakfast is a lot easier than it sounds and it would be perfect for a brunch or if you are entertaining company because you can customize the flavors really easily.
Here is how we make it!
I used my food processor to blend one cup of the Blue Diamond Salted Caramel and Blueberry Almonds. And placed them in two separate bowls. I used a third bowl to make an egg wash with one egg, a bit of milk and vanilla beaten well. Then just dip your bread in the egg wash, then in the almonds, then place in a hot buttered skillet. Viola!
I love the texture the almonds give the french toast, it gives that perfect amount of crunch to make it fun a different. Try this for your next weekend brunch! You won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 slices bread ( I used Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free bread)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat, melt enough butter in the skillet to cover the bottom completely or spray well with cooking oil.
- Crush the almonds in a food processor or blender one flavor at a time. Pour each flavor of almonds into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a third shallow bowl combine the milk, egg and vanilla and beat until totally combined.
- Working quickly dip the bread in the egg wash, coating both sides well then dip in the crushed almonds.
- Make sure the french toast is completely covered with almonds.
- Place french toast in the hot buttered skillet and cook approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Other Awesome Breakfast Ideas