Who said pancakes are unhealthy?! These Carrot Spice Pancakes are packed with fresh carrots, yogurt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. A delicious and nutritious way to start your morning!
For about a year now I have been ready to move. Actually, the term “ready” is probably an understatement. I am longing, deep down in my heart for something new. The problem is, I don’t know exactly what that something “new” is.
Have you ever felt this way? Just a longing for change. I am to the point that I actually have a game plan for how to pack up our home. I have a little checklist in my mind of the things that have to be done before we put our house for sale. I am refusing my buy the dining room table I have been lusting over for months that is currently on sale, just because I don’t want to have to pack it up and move it!
But after my plan to empty my house and pack it all up in a truck, my plan ends. I don’t know what comes next. I don’t know where we want to be, or what we want to be once we get there. Unfortunately, I have decided this is time in my life where I am in limbo. I am in between, and I don’t know what comes next. It is exciting, scary, and very frustrating all at the same time.
So what do you do when you feel all of these feelings?! You make a stack of pancakes, of course!
These pancakes are packed with carrots, I mean packed! I shredded three medium/large size carrots for these pancakes. Now for those of you who are concerned with texture I opted to put all of my ingredients in a blender to give it a nice smooth texture. So there aren’t any chunks of carrots or anything like that, just light and fluffy pancakes!
These would be a perfect addition to your Easter brunch. They also reheat really well. I made them for a quick and easy breakfast option during the week and it worked perfectly!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cup shredded carrot, packed
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (No substitutes)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- oil for frying (I prefer coconut oil, but canola oil works well too)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds. Blend until combined, be careful not to over mix.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat, add about a teaspoon of oil to the skillet use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop to add the batter into your skillet.
- Wait 2-3 minutes or until you see little bubbles forming on your batter, flip pancake until other side is golden brown.
- Before you add a new batch to the skillet add oil again.
- Enjoy with warm honey or syrup.