Ultra crispy baked buffalo wings, perfect for game day!
If you’ve been reading long you know I live in the South. Down here, football is a way of life. It is practically a religion to most people. I am in the very slim margin of people who are indifferent about it. But on a Saturday morning in the Fall you better people I put my orange t-shirt on pretend like it matters!
This year the Vols have had a bit of a rocky start. And by rocky start I mean they have left nearly everyone in the great state of Tennessee heartbroken in the last five minutes of the first three games. I have watched my normally laid back husband stand inches from the TV and scream and jump and pace our living room with his head in his hands.
Well, last week I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands. I may not be able to help the Vols win, but I can make game day snacks that win all on their own!
These buffalo wings are baked not fried! They are ultra crispy, super tangy and totally irresistible. They are the perfect game day treat and they happen to be orange! 🙂
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup Franks Original Buffalo Sauce + more for brushing
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the wings in the cornstarch and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour the buffalo sauce in a small sauce pan and combine with the apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low.
- Remove each wing from the bag one at a time, making sure to knock off any extra cornstarch and dip in the buffalo sauce, make sure it is completely covered.
- Bake wings for 40 minutes, removing from heat occasionally to brush with additional sauce.
Just in case you are entertaining for a big game this weekend check out these other game day eats!