My favorite thing to experiment with is granola and granola bar recipes.
I love seeing how much stuff I can cram into one bar. Throw in some oats, some nuts, sometimes some fruit, mix it all up and see what happens.
These Honey Nut Power Bars have been on my mind for weeks. I love Chex cereal, (thank goodness it is gluten free because if we had to give that up I promise tears would have been shed!) and I knew I wanted to work it into a breakfast bar of sorts. The kind of bar that is filling enough that if you are running really late you can grab it on your way out the door and not be starving at 10am.
Finally, after several attempts, I got it right. These bars are packed with Honey Nut Chex, oats, honey roasted peanuts, peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, protein powder, and a bit of chocolate for good measure.
Hey, every day should start with at least a little bit of chocolate, right?!
The result is a perfectly sweet and crunchy bar that is packed with flavor. The best part? It actually has some sustenance to it! They are a perfect way to sneak in a little extra protein during the day!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons protein powder*
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9x12 baking sheet with wax paper or greased aluminum foil and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a microwavable bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until oil is melted. Stir to combine.
- Add protein powder and stir well.
- Stir in the cereal, oats and peanuts, mixture will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips and quickly pour mixture into pan.
- Spread mixture evenly and place in freezer for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cut into bars and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
*I love Myofusion Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder