Easy gluten free Honey Pecan Muffins are packed with all your favorite ingredients!
I have always enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen. I think that is probably kind of obvious because…well because I have a food blog. But, overtime I think my interests have changed a bit from just cooking food to baking. Because Mr. Maebell has celiac it might seem like I would never bake, but I probably do it more now than I would if he didn’t because store bought gluten free foods are not that great.
I really like the challenge of coming up with baked goods that you would never guess are gluten free. I would be so sad if I had to lead a muffin/cupcake/breadless life! That is how I came up with this recipe. I was looking for a a new muffin recipe that focused on natural flavors. Sometimes I can get a little carried away when I am recipe testing I overload a recipe without letting the ingredients speak for themselves. I wanted the Honey and Pecans to shine in these muffins.
These Honey Pecan Muffins are super addictive. They are sweetened with brown sugar and honey. I also use a combination of (gluten free) flour and Old Fashioned oats to make them a bit heartier and hold more nutritional value. Then I threw in a ton of pecans and a dose of cinnamon for good measure! I am really big on doing a little menu prep on the weekends and these are an ideal breakfast to make ahead of time because they keep really well throughout the week.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup old fashioned oats ( I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened (or canola oil)
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon, and sugar, combine well.
- Add honey, coconut oil, buttermilk, vanilla until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop muffin batter into tins (I use an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Gluten Free Baking!