What can be better than potatoes, bacon, ranch and cheese?! All the things you love about a Loaded Baked Potato in Pizza form!
What is a potato pizza?
This delectable pie is a triumph of food combinations! A pizza crust with an amazing ranch ricotta sauce is topped with thinly sliced potatoes, onions and cheese and baked until golden and bubbly! Then just for good measure, the pizza is sprinkled with bacon and green onions. This indulgent potato pizza is a cheat day dream!
This pizza is the perfect addition to a lazy night in! I was sure to have this potato pie with my favorite kitchen sink cookies and jalapeno poppers, to make sure every food group is covered, of course! And the best part- this pizza is gluten free!
Ingredients in Loaded Potato Pizza recipe
Here is a quick list what is used to make this loaded baked potato pizza. As always, you can find a complete list of ingredients in the recipe below.
- Potatoes- I recommend using red potatoes
- Bacon- cooked
- White onion- thinly sliced
- Ranch seasoning packet
- Ricotta cheese- full or low fat will both work
- Sour cream- full or low fat will also work here
- Shredded cheese- I used mozzarella and cheddar
- Chopped green onions
- Pizza crust- I used Udi’s Gluten Free
How do I make Baked Potato Pizza?
This pie is so easy to bring together! First, heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry your bacon in a large skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Next, fill your skillet (or a sauce pan) that you cooked your bacon in with water and bring to a boil. Add your potatoes, reduce the heat and let your potatoes simmer for 15 minutes. Cook until fork tender.
Once your potatoes are cooked, slice thinly. Next, mix the ranch seasoning, ricotta cheese and sour cream. Spread the ranch ricotta sauce on your pizza crust. Top the sauce with sliced onions, potatoes and shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes and then top with crumbled bacon and green onions.
Tips for the best Loaded Potato Pizza
- Use a great crust! We are gluten free in our house, and I really enjoy these pizza crusts. If you aren’t gluten free, use any type you prefer.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese! This delicious pizza is amazing with every cheesy potato bite!
- Use a pizza stone. This stone has always given me great results.
- Cook your bacon until it’s crispy. Crumbly, crispy bacon is the perfect topping to this potato pie!
How to Store and Reheat Loaded Baked Potato Pizza
To store this potato pizza, either place in a plastic bag or a container with an airtight lid and put in the fridge. This pizza will stay good in the fridge for four days.
You can reheat this pizza a few different ways. You can place it in the microwave in 30 second increments until it’s reached your desired temperature. You could also warm it in the air fryer. Heat your air fryer to 340 degrees and put your pizza in for six minutes. You could also warm your pizza in the oven- 350 degrees for ten minutes will give you a crispy pie!
Other Pizza Recipes
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- Grilled Veggie Pizza with Crispy Prosciutto
- Keto Pizza Muffins
- Grilled Pesto Chicken Pizza
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- 3-4 large red potatoes
- 3-4 sliced of bacon
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzaerlla and cheddar)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions.
- Pizza crust*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and fry bacon slices until crisp on each side. Remove from heat and set aside on a paper towel.
- In the same large skillet or a sauce pan, fill with water and bring water to a boil. Add the potatoes, and reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check to make sure the potatoes are fork tender. If they aren't, give them another 5 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from water, slice into fairly thin slices and set aside.
- Mix the ranch seasoning, ricotta and sour cream.
- Spread the ranch mixture on the crust, top with sliced onion, sliced potatoes, and top with cheese.
- Bake pizzas for 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped bacon and green onions.
*I used Udi's gluten free pizza crust. This makes two medium size pizzas or one large pizza.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1582Total Fat: 79.2gCholesterol: 237.3mgSodium: 2357.5mgCarbohydrates: 159.7gNet Carbohydrates: 147.6gFiber: 12.1gSugar: 14.2gProtein: 53.6g