Crispy nachos are topped with fresh avocado, sweet peppers, tuna and lime juice! These healthy and easy Loaded Tex Mex Tuna Nachos are the perfect easy weeknight meal!
Nachos are a big deal in our house. Back when we were in college we would have to get extremely creative the day or two before pay day. We would scavenge the cabinets every other Thursday and scrape together dinner. It was almost always nachos because you could use half a bag of tortilla chips, a can of beans and some odd and end vegetables and voila! You have dinner!
Over the years our variety of nachos has improved considerably! We enjoy Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Jerk Chicken and Sweet Potato Nachos and these insanely easy Loaded Tex Mex Tuna Nachos!
This easy and healthy dinner includes Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, chunks of fresh avocado, diced sweet pepper, cilantro, green onions and lime juice! With a firm texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient to deliciously enhance almost any recipe, adding a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy and inexpensive it is! There is virtually no prep work other than chopping a few veggies. Just combine your tuna, vegetables and squeeze a little lime juice and salt and pepper and you have your toppings! You can also stuff this in a wrap and make a quesadilla if you don’t have tortilla chips on hand.
And there you have it! A fun, easy twist on an old classic!
- 1 (5 ounce can) Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pepper or bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Drain the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water and place it in a bowl. Add the avocado, chopped pepper, green onions, red onions, lime juice and salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Place chips in a single layer on a large baking sheet and top with tuna mixture, top with shredded cheese.
- Place the nachos under the broiler for 30 seconds-1 minute, make sure to watch carefully! Remove when cheese is melted.
Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal! For complete details on nutritional facts and to see all of the great products they offer visit their
Try one of our many mouth-watering recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
Other Easy Dishes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.