This Peach and Cinnamon Pecan Granola is the ultimate snack! It is packed with old fashioned oats, peach preserves, cinnamon, pecans and raisons!
Last week I got on a major health kick. I went to the gym after work, I did yoga before work. I broke out the blender for some mega green smoothies, I was in total lets-all-eat-vegetables mode.
When I went to the grocery I grabbed radishes (what do you do with radishes), kale, eggplant, the works! Then approximately 48 hours later I was over it. Way over it.
Do you ever do this? Go all in, just totally obsessive about something? It can be hard to not let an idea suck you in, but I find I am rarely successful when this happens. I do so much better in moderation. If I work towards something in smaller, more manageable steps. So taking that into consideration, I decided to take a step back. Instead of drinking green juice and kale for every meal I decided to turn things that I love into lighter options.
Enter Peach and Cinnamon Pecan Granola! This granola is loaded with Old Fashioned oats, raisons, pecans and cinnamon with a hint of peach because it is sweetened with peach preserves! It is the perfect grab and go snack or yogurt topper!
I have been eating this granola with Silk Dairy Free Mango Peach Yogurt. Silk Dairy free yogurt is made from the goodness of plants instead of dairy, Silk Dairy-Free provides 6 grams of soy protein per serving, with no cholesterol. It’s made with real fruit, without any artificial flavors or colors. It is also an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D which makes it a great snack!
This granola is the perfect topper for a simple fruit and yogurt parfait! It is a great option for when you need to slow down take a break from your normal routine!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons peach jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup raisons
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine the honey, coconut oil, jam, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Add oats, raisons and pecans, stir until they are coated well.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and spread granola evenly in a single layer bake 10 minutes, stir, bake 10 more minutes.
- The mixture may seem soft when you remove it from the oven but it firms up as it cools.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.