Salted Caramel Mocha Granola has all of the flavor of a Starbucks favorite! Just a few simple ingredients for this delicious sweet and salty snack!
I am kind of the queen of granola in case you haven’t noticed. It is quickly becoming my favorite thing to play around with in the kitchen. I love how quickly it comes together and the endless variations of add ins and flavor combinations, but most of all I like having easy, delicious snacks around the house.
My Mocha Granola recipe is our go to, but I decided to try putting a new spin on it. Last year around the Holidays I tried a Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks and was totally hooked. I rarely go for a super rich, chocolatey coffee drink, but this was basically heaven in a cup. All of my Starbucks gift cards from Christmas were gone in like a week, and my skinny jeans were feeling a little too tight. Luckily, it is not offered year round!
Once the idea for Salted Caramel Mocha Granola got in my head it was pretty much all I could think about. I thought of a couple different ways to approach it like adding a caramel sauce or making granola clusters with caramel in the center, but eventually simplicity won out and I settled on adding chunks of caramel in the granola and topping it with course sea salt.
Yum. Just yum.
This is the perfect afternoon pick me up or great over ice cream and yogurt! Give this a try, you won’t be sorry!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (I used gluten free)
- 1/2 cup caramel squares, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine coconut oil and honey in a medium size mixing bowl. Microwave 45 seconds or until coconut oil is melted. Add cocoa powder and espresso powder, stir mixture until well dissolved.
- Add oats and stir mixture until all oats are completely covered in the chocolate coffee mixture.
- Grab a large baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread oats mixture thinly and evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, stir mixture, and add half of the chopped caramel squares, bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove oats from oven, let them cool about 10 minutes, and while still warm sprinkle the rest of the caramel over the granola mixture.
- When the granola is completely cool add the sea salt over the top
- Store in an air tight container