I am way overdue for a new addition of The Grapevine. I have a couple projects in the works that I can’t wait to share with you, but today I have got to share some of the fabulous things I have come across. There is so much good stuff out there!
- This ice cream. Stop it. You had me at chocolate and salted caramel.
- This Strawberry Lemonade from Cindy at Pick Fresh Foods. I’m obsessed with this, the recipe only calls for 1/3 cup of sugar where most lemonade recipes have piles of sugar!
- This cake, okay the cake is phenomenal. But if you are a fellow food blogger read the whole post. Loved it. Totally spoke to me.
- This grilled corn has me swooning.
- Gayle came up with these peanut butter bites, we made them and ate them all in like one day. My fellow peanut butter loves, make this. You will be glad.
- I am loving these vegetarian sliders. Perfect for summer entertaining.
- This dressed up Alfredo sauce is pretty much all I can think about. Alfredo+Spinach+Pesto = Perfection.
- This tart…holy cow. I have never seen a tart this beautiful! Simply stunning presentation. And on top of that, tons and tons of mango. I need it!
Last weekend marked the first real weekend of summer for us because Mr. Maebell made his ceremonial first of summer BBQ. I purchased a crazy expensive Boston Butt at the grocery, he rubbed it down with spices and woke up at 4:00am to put it on the grill, so it would cook low and slow for 14 long hours. The smell of BBQ wafted through our neighborhood and tortured us, and our neighbors all day.
Unfortunately, I also had THE WORST allergies I have ever had this weekend. It looked like I had been crying all day because my eyes were watering so bad. I couldn’t breathe at all, I couldn’t even talk because I was coughing so much. It was really awful. I took a 24 hour allergy medicine and waited and waited for it to work. Four hours later I told Mr. Maebell we HAD to do something else because I was miserable. He researched and told me I could take another medication. So, I popped the pill and hoped for the best. That is pretty much the last thing I remember. I woke up at almost 9 that night. It knocked me completely out. I didn’t even remember eating his fabulous BBQ! What a bummer! On the up side, I could breathe and felt a million times better when I woke up! 🙂 And the left over BBQ was out of this world!
Just in case you haven’t decided what to make for Father’s Day on Sunday, I have rounded up a couple of my favorite “man food” dishes. All are easy and delicious!
And because I am continuously amazed at what my husband can do with a camera, here are some photos courtesy of Mr. Maebell.