These delicious Mini Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes are the perfect low-carb dessert! You’ll love the chocolate crust and smooth cheesecake filling for about 2 net carbs each!
Don’t you just love mini desserts? Not only are they cute and easy for parties, but it’s built-in portion control! I’m likely to cut myself a giant piece of cheesecake if left to my own judgement, but these Mini Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes make it easy to keep my carbs and sugars in check.
These mini low carb cheesecakes have a delicious chocolate crust and a luscious, creamy vanilla cheesecake filling. The dark chocolate chocolate chips let you enjoy the best of both worlds–Beautiful vanilla cheesecake with just enough chocolate to keep things interesting!
With just 8 ingredients, this is a simple dessert you can make that looks (and tastes) super impressive. These can also be frozen, making it the perfect meal prep dessert! Go ahead and make a double batch, putting you ahead of schedule for your holiday baking!
What ingredients do you need to make Keto Cheesecake?
- Salted Butter
- Cocoa Powder and Almond flour
- Confectioners Monkfruit or Confectioners Swerve: these are keto-friendly sugar substitutes.
- Cream cheese: full or reduced fat work for this recipe.
- Egg: large, room temperature eggs will give you the best results
- Vanilla extract: good quality vanilla extract gives the best flavor.
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chips Chocolate chips
How to make Low Carb Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips?
These low carb mini cheesecakes are grain-free, made with keto-friendly sweetener and sugar free chocolate chips. First, you’ll melt your butter and then mix it together with almond flour, cocoa powder and sweetener to make the crust. Once those are well combined, pat your crust into a silicone or paper lined muffin tin.
Next, combine your cream cheese, egg, vanilla and powdered sweetener in a bowl and beat together with an electric beater. After your cheesecake filling is well combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
Then just top your crust with the cheesecake chocolate chip filling and pop it back in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Can I eat cheesecake on a keto diet?
Yes, with some changes. Cream cheese is fantastic for a keto diet, but you’ll want to make sure you are using keto-friendly sweeteners. Instead of normal sugar, use a monkfruit or Swerve sweetener to stay low-carb.
Can I freeze Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake?
You absolutely can! After allowing the cheesecakes to completely cool, you want to wrap each mini cheesecake multiple times in plastic wrap (you could let them freeze on a baking sheet for an hour or so to firm up, then you don’t have to worry about squishing them too much). You want to get the layers of plastic wrap on as tight as you can to protect from freezer burn.
Once all the cheesecakes are wrapped, store in a freezer bag with all the extra air pushed out (a vacuum sealer would be very handy for this!). These cheesecakes are best within 2 weeks of freezing, but they will last longer. The texture does change the longer you leave it in the freezer, though.
Tips for the BEST Keto Cheesecake:
- Don’t overmix your batter. When you overbeat your batter, this introduces a bunch of air bubbles. This leads the cheesecake to puff up during baking and crack during cooling. If you do think you might have overmixed, just let the cheesecake mixture sit 5-10 minutes before pouring into your muffin tin. This helps some of those air bubbles come to the surface, leading to beautiful crack-free cheesecakes!
- Allow your cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature before chilling. Moving them to the fridge too quickly can lead to cracks!
- Don’t open the oven! Do your best to resist opening the oven to see if the cheesecakes are finished. The more you open the oven, the more cold air hits the cheesecakes, and this can lead to cracks.
More Keto Cheesecake Recipes:
Want more? Check out this list of 20+ Delicious Keto Cheesecake Recipes!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tabelspoons confectioners Monkfruit sweetener
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 2 (8oz packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners Monkfruit sweetener
- 1 cup Lily's Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Mix well until completely combined.
- Prepare a 12 count standard muffin tin with cooking oil or line with paper liners. Press about a tablespoon of the crust into each well. Be sure to press down well so the crust is tightly packed, set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and powdered monkfruit in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon the cheesecake filling into the pan evenly and bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool at least 30 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove and allow to cool completely before chilling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Mini Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 25.9gCholesterol: 71.3mgSodium: 200.6mgCarbohydrates: 10.9gNet Carbohydrates: 2.2gFiber: 5.7gSugar: 3gProtein: 6.1g