Try these Bacon and Cheese Keto Egg Bites for an easy grab-and-go breakfast! Less than one net carb per bite, making them the perfect keto breakfast!
I was never very into meal prep, until recently. I used to think meal prep consists of the same — either having the same dish every day or making a lot of freezer meals, which never taste quite as good when reheated.
Instead of that method of meal prep, I like to stock my fridge with a couple tasty grab and go meals, usually breakfasts, just to make life easier.
Something like this Keto Lemon Chia Seed Pudding is absolutely perfect, and these Bacon and Cheese Keto Egg Bites are amazing. They are quick, easy, and have 6 very basic keto ingredients. The reheat beautifully and make a great breakfast or even lunch because the egg taste and texture is not overwhelming.
Ingredients in Keto Egg Bites
To make these cheese and bacon egg bites, you’ll need the following simple ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Coconut flour (or almond flour)
- Baking powder
How to Make Bacon Egg Bites
This oven baked egg bites recipe requires minimal prep work. Here’s an overview of how to make this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes for the flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and fill each cavity about 3/4 full.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through.
How Many Carbs Are in These Keto Egg Bites?
These little bites come to 1.4g of carbs with 0.6g of fiber, making it a net of 0.8 net carbs per bite!
Can I Freeze Egg Bites?
Yes! Let cool completely, then freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge or heat from frozen in the microwave.
Tips for Making Homemade Egg Bites
- I use a silicone mini muffin tin for this recipe. I think they are lifesavers because nothing ever sticks, the egg bites just pop right out and it is never a problem.
- This recipe makes 24 very mini muffins packed with crispy bacon and lots of cheese! You can also use a regular sized muffin tin and get 12 muffins from this recipe, but you’ll need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- I like to use a mixture of cheddar and pepper jack for a bit of a kick, but sub in any of your favorites.
More Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes:
- Keto Sausage and Egg Bites
- Keto Cheesy Asparagus Quiche
- Ham, Egg & Cheese Muffins
- Steak and Eggs
- Keto Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon (5-6 thick slices)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese (I like to do a combination of cheddar and pepper jack)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour OR almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Make sure to break up the cream cheese as you stir.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes for the flour to absorb some of the moisture. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Spray a regular mini muffin pan or use a silicone muffin pan (my recommendation) and fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Flour: Coconut flour OR almond flour may be used in equal amounts. Note that the nutrition listed is calculated with coconut flour.
Servings: I used a mini muffin pan and got 24 bites. If you use a regular sized muffin pan, you'll likely get 12 egg muffins but will need to adjust the cook time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 0.6gProtein: 3.6g
More Keto Meal Prep Recipes
You may also love these delicious Keto Spinach Bacon and Egg Muffins, they are only about 1 net carb each and great for keto meal prep. Another favorite of mine are these delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. They have about 2 net carbs per serving and are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Some other easy recipes include The BEST Keto Cinnamon Rolls and Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls.