Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli! A really simple, hearty meal that is perfect for your crock pot!
When we were in college a friend came to live with Mr. Maebell and I for a few months. This meant two very big and always hungry young men would now be my responsibility to feed. I knew the grocery bill would get a little higher, but I had no idea how much just one extra person would impact our meals. The first night he arrived I cooked a big dinner and both boys cleaned their plates. Then our friend ordered a pizza, and ate the whole thing too.
Yep, an entire dinner and then a whole pizza. I sat in the living room watching him devour his second dinner and I seriously wondered how in the world I would feed them. At that point I knew I had to get a little creative in order to make this work. Everyone needs a handful of really great, super easy, extra hearty recipes for guests that never seem to get full. This Pasta Fagioli Soup is one of them!
This soup is cram packed with with ground beef, vegetables, beans, tomatoes, and pasta. This dish is comfort food at it’s finest! And it is SO simple to make! This is perfect for cold winter nights when you want something hearty and filling, but you just don’t feel like cooking!
Here is how we make it!
We add drained Kidney Beans, Cannellini Beans, and an undrained can of diced tomatoes to the bottom of your slow cooker. Next add browned ground beef, and a bag of frozen vegetables.
Then add your Bertolli Pasta Sauce and chicken stock. Give it a good stir and let the soup simmer in your slow cooker on low all day.
Just before serving add a handful of uncooked elbow noodles and give them a few minutes to get tender and serve this delicious soup with fresh parmesan and a basket of breadsticks for a easy Tuscan inspired meal!
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and grease drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Cannelloni Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of frozen bell pepper, onion and celery
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) carton of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup uncooked gluten free elbow noodles
- Add the drained and rinsed beans to your crock pot with the undrained can of tomatoes.
- Add browned ground beef, frozen veggies, pasta sauce, and chicken stock to the slow cooker. Stir well and let simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving add the uncooked noodles and stir well. Let the noodles cook for 15 minutes in the soup or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
Check out these Easy Crock Pot Recipes!