This low carb Instant Pot BBQ Chicken requires just five simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of cook time! Try my favorite pulled chicken recipe on a salad or wrap, less than 3 net carbs per quarter-pound!
Pulled Chicken Recipe
Pulled chicken is one of the most versatile foods out there! First, it’s extremely convenient to cook. This recipe is super quick and easy by using the Instant Pot, but you can also make this BBQ chicken in the crock pot if you need it to cook while you’re at work!
Next, this recipe can be used for so many different meals! You can use pulled chicken in salads, wraps, sandwiches… Even on a chaffle! Meal prep a batch of this for a variety of healthy, convenient, and tasty lunches all week long. I’ll share several suggestions below for meals you can make with this BBQ chicken!
Finally, this recipe allows you to use this chicken in several different forms. You can shred it, slice it, or enjoy it whole. Use it in a recipe or have it as a main course. This keto chicken recipe is worthy of joining your weekly meal prep rotation for sure!
Ingredients for Keto BBQ Chicken
- Sugar Free BBQ Sauce: I recommend G Hughes BBQ sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Keto Sweetener: I suggest brown sugar monkfruit
- Garlic: freshly minced garlic is best for this recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: another cut of chicken such as chicken thighs will also work in this recipe.
How to make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
This recipe comes together in a flash. In a medium bowl, combine your BBQ sauce, vinegar, sweetener and garlic. Next, spray the bottom of your Instant Pot with nonstick spray and place your chicken in the pot. Add your sauce over the chicken.
Put the lid on your pressure cooker and set the time for 12 minutes. After the time is up, allow the pressure to release manually for at least 15 minutes. After the pressure has been released, shred the chicken and put back in the pot and stir to coat with your sauce.
Tips for the best Instant Pot Chicken
- Be sure to combine your ingredients well and evenly cover all of your chicken
- If desired, you can season and sear the chicken in the Instant Pot for extra flavor. Simply sprinkle with your favorite all purpose seasoning, or salt and pepper, and sear on each side in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce! If you are keto, use a sugar free brand. I also recommend using freshly minced garlic for the best flavor.
- If you want to add some spice, red pepper flakes add a great flavor.
How long do you cook chicken breast in the Instant Pot?
To ensure that your chicken is fully cooked, cook at high pressure for 6 minutes per pound of chicken. Be sure to allow your pressure cooker to release the pressure manually for 15 minutes.
Can I make BBQ Pulled Chicken in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can easily make delicious bbq chicken in the slow cooker–This is a great option if you don’t have an Instant Pot or would prefer your dinner cook while you’re away at work! Just mix up your sauce, add it to a slow-cooker, and allow it to cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Can I use another cut of chicken?
Of course! This recipe is perfect for any type of chicken you prefer. Chicken thighs or tenders would be delicious for this BBQ chicken recipe as well. While you can use this with bone-in cuts, it will take longer to cook, and you’ll need to debone the chicken before shredding.
If you use a skin-on cut, the skin will not crisp up at all–I would recommend removing it instead. You could use this sauce for a whole BBQ Chicken, just check out this Instant Pot Whole Chicken post for cooking time suggestions.
What can I make with BBQ Chicken?
You can use this chicken is so many different ways. I love this Buffalo Cobb Salad, and it would be delicious with BBQ Chicken instead of Buffalo. You could also use this chicken for Taquitos (even this keto version) or make a delicious BBQ Chicken Wrap for an easy lunch meal prep! I also love this Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortilla Hack recipe… this BBQ Chicken would be perfect for it.
You could make these Keto BBQ Stacks (basically an open-faced keto sandwich) or use it as a keto pizza topping! Make mini keto bagel sandwiches or bulk up this Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole with this tasty, flavorful chicken!
Other Instant Pot Recipes
- Easy Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw (keto + low carb)
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Pizza Soup (keto + low carb)
- 1 cup G Hughes BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar monkfruit
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the BBQ sauce, vinegar, sweetener and garlic.
- Spray the bottom of the pressure cooker with cooking spray and lay the chicken breast in the bottom of the pan. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure cooker to 12 minutes. When the cooking time has ended allow the machine to manually release pressure for at least 15 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and place back in the sauce, stir to coat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 82.7mgSodium: 252.2mgCarbohydrates: 2.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 25.6g