Wondering what to eat for breakfast on keto? These Keto Breakfast Hot Pockets are loaded with sausage, cream cheese and eggs! The perfect grab and go keto breakfast!
I can’t believe it has taken me this long to share this recipe with you, because we make it ALL THE TIME! Actually, I guess I can believe it because it is one of those recipes we eat immediately, and when I say immediately I mean we basically stand over the oven and eat them straight off the baking sheet. Ha! So there is never a chance to photograph them! These Keto Breakfast Hot Pockets are so incredibly delicious. This is a recipe you can easily customize based on your preferences, but this version includes a sausage and cream cheese mixture along with scrambled eggs.
The delicious keto crust is the same base I use for my Sausage and Cream Cheese Rolls (btw, make them if you haven’t, they are crazy good!) it is a basic fat head dough mixture which includes mozzarella, cream cheese, almond flour and flax meal. I roll my dough out between two silicone baking sheets and slice it into four equal sections (as pictured below) and fill them with the prepared sausage and egg mixture. The full nutritional information can be found right below the recipe, but the net carb is 5 per pocket.
- For the Rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarealla cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- For the Filling:
- 1/2 pound cooked breakfast sausage, drained
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 large eggs, soft scrambled eggs
- Preheat oven to 400
- For the Rolls:
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 12x9.
- For the filling:
- Combine the sausage and cream cheese.
- Spread the sausage cream cheese mixture evenly on the dough.
- Starting at one end roll the dough as tightly as you can into a log.
- Slice into rolls about the width of two fingers, be careful not to slice them too thick because it will be difficult for the dough in the center to cook through.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- *** If you need to see step by step photos this is the same method I used in my keto cinnamon roll recipe
Easy Keto Recipes