These easy Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls are packed with sausage and cream cheese! The perfect gluten free, keto breakfast or appetizer!
This is our new favorite! I tried this recipe several different ways, my original plan was Keto Sausage Hot Pockets, perfect for breakfast or lunch. Don’t worry, I have tons of keto hot pocket recipes coming your way, but these are absolutely perfect as pinwheels! These Keto Sausage Rolls are perfect for breakfast, meal prep, an easy dinner or even an appetizer! The keto dough is a spin on your basic fat head dough. I have experimented with lots of variations and I find this to be the most reliable. I use almond flour, flax seed meal, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and NO eggs. The crust reminds me a bit of pastry dough, it is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. It is also very pliable and easy to work with.
Here is how we make it:
Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a microwave proof bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring until it is completely melted and well combined. Add in the almond flour and flax seed meal. I usually mix it with a spatula until it is pretty well incorporated, but then I use my hands to knead it just like you would traditional dough. Roll or press your dough into a rectangle and spread your sausage and cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough.
Take the long edges of the dough and fold it over just a tiny bit, this helps to keep the filling inside your pinwheels on the end then starting with your short end, tightly roll them together.
Place your roll in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to firm it up a bit and using a sharp knife carefully slice them into thin rolls (less than the width of two fingers) take care not to slice them too thick because your dough will not get crisp all the way through. Then pop them in the oven! These Keto Sausage Rolls going to become your new favorite! Make a double batch for easy keto meal prep, grab and go low carb breakfast or just because!
- For the Rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarealla cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- For the Filling:
- 1/2 pound cooked breakfast sausage, drained
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- For the Rolls:
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 12x9.
- For the filling:
- Combine the sausage and cream cheese.
- Spread the sausage cream cheese mixture evenly on the dough.
- Starting at one end roll the dough as tightly as you can into a log.
- Slice into rolls about the width of two fingers, be careful not to slice them too thick because it will be difficult for the dough in the center to cook through.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- ***If you need to see step by step photos this is the same method I used in my keto cinnamon roll recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat: 16.5g Carbohydrates: 2.7g Fiber: 0.6g
Other Easy Keto Recipes