Creamy Peanut Butter Filling is topped with Dark Chocolate Ganache for the perfect easy and gluten free Peanut Butter Cup Pie.
We do not live anywhere near a grocery store. We have one very unfortunate Piggly Wiggly and a Dollar Store. Since our drive to a store takes 40 minutes, I plan once a week to drive into town and stock up on everything we need.
One thing I never ever leave the grocery store without buying at least two huge jars of is peanut butter. We can make do without a lot, but peanut butter is among those things! It’s my husbands go to snack, my most of the time snack, and even the dogs preferred treat of choice (peanut butter bone anyone?!)
This week, I decided to put my trusty peanut butter to good use with this Peanut Butter Cup Pie! This pie reminds me of all the ways I love peanut butter- paired with chocolate, of course! Ever since I made these Peanut Butter Fat Bombs, I haven’t been able to get the combination out of mind.
This pie sits inside a delicious and gluten free MI-DEL crust, that we love in our house. Mixed with creamy, indulgent peanut butter and topped with an amazing dark chocolate ganache, you will not be able to get this pie out of your mind after having it! It’s a perfect pairing of all things delicious!
MI-DEl Gluten Free Pie Crust
When I was assigned to bring a dessert for Thanksgiving I knew I would be making something with peanut butter. I picked up one of our favorite MI-DEL Graham Style Crusts from Walmart and made an easy, decadent Peanut Butter Cup Pie packed with creamy peanut butter filling and a rich dark chocolate layer on top!
This is a simple, no bake dessert at it’s finest! We love these pie crusts because they are have a short ingredient list made of ingredients you can actually pronounce. MI-DEL are the ONLY comprehensive, Allergen Safe, Non-GMO Verified, Shelf-Stable Graham-style pie crust offering in the marketplace, which makes life so much easier for gluten free families like ours!
MI-DEL Pie Crusts are Gluten Free Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, free from 8 common allergens: Peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, fish and shellfish as well as Kosher Parve! These pie crusts are super versatile because they can be baked or used in no bake recipes like this. Be sure to pick them up at your local Walmart to make your holiday desserts a lot easier!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Pie
For the Pie Filling:
- Cream cheese- I used reduced fat, but use whatever you prefer.
- Creamy Peanut Butter- I recommend creamy peanut butter for this pie and do not recommend using other types of nut butters.
- Powdered sugar- any brand you use should work fine here.
- Heavy cream- if you wanted to reduce the calories here, half and half will work.
- Vanilla extract- be sure to use a high quality vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- MI-DEL Pie Crust- we love these gluten free pie crusts! They are a staple in our house.
For the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- Heavy cream- once again, if you only have half and half, that should be okay.
- Creamy Peanut Butter- I would stick with the classic peanut butter here as well.
- Dark chocolate chips- I love dark chocolate, but if you prefer a semi-sweet or milk chocolate taste, those chips will also work fine.
How do you make chocolate peanut butter pie?
Here is how we make it! First, combine cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer). Next, mix well over medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it is well incorporated and peaks begin to form. Just like the picture below:
How to Store gluten free peanut butter pie
You will need to store this pie in the fridge. Be sure to keep it covered. You can store it in the metal tin the pie crust came in and cover it with the plastic lid that’s included. You can also store it in a glass or metal pie tin and then cover it with plastic wrap- just be sure to cover it tightly. This pie will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Easy Desserts
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Almond Butter Espresso Bars
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- For the Pie Filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) bar reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 MI-DEL Graham Style Crust
- For the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer) mix well over medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it is well incorporated and peaks begin to form.
- Carefully spread your mixture in a MI-DEL Graham Style Crust and spread very evenly. Place the pie in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. In a mixing bowl combine 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter and the chocolate chips. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and peanut butter mixture and use a whisk to stir vigorously until the chocolate is melted and a smooth dark chocolate ganache forms.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and drizzle the ganache over the pie and spread it carefully.
- Freeze pie and allow it to thaw 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 751Total Fat: 51.2gCholesterol: 22.5mgSodium: 406.8mgCarbohydrates: 60.7gNet Carbohydrates: 20.5gFiber: 5gSugar: 40.2gProtein: 16.3g