These easy gluten free Double Chocolate Cheesecake Peanut Butter Brownies are loaded with dark chocolate flavor, creamy cheesecake and rich peanut butter!
Some things are made for one another. Like sweet tea and lemon, peanut butter and jelly, and macaroni and cheese. And cheesecake and brownies, right? When it comes to desserts I love brownies, love them! They are pretty much my all time favorite but Mr. Maebell adores cheesecake, it is his weakness when it comes to desserts. So as I was thinking of a decadent dessert I thought, why choose? Why not have them both in one dish and with peanut butter! What isn’t better with peanut butter?
These brownies are so simple to make because I use a boxed gluten free brownie mix This brownie mix is so tasty on it’s own but when you add a creamy cheesecake filling it takes it to a whole new level. This is the ultimate treat for a birthday or special event! We start by mixing our Brownie Mix and layering half of it in a parchment lined 8×8 pan. I love using parchment paper because it makes the clean up a breeze so don’t forget that step! Then we make our cheesecake filling by combining cream cheese, an egg, vanilla extract, peanut butter and stevia (or sugar) and beating it with a mixer until it is perfectly creamy.
Drop your cheesecake mixture by large spoonfuls all over the brownie batter, don’t worry too much about spreading them out because these big yummy spoonfuls of cheesecake will create the great layers once the brownies are finished! Then just spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top and use a toothpick to create nice swirls.
That is it! Just a few simple ingredients creates a decadent dessert packed with flavor!
- 1 packageGluten Free Brownie Mix (I used Pillsbury Brownie Mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar or stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Lightly spray your parchment paper with cooking spray and spread half of the brownie mixture into the pan. Be sure to spread the mixture evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, egg sugar or stevia, vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix well. (You may want to use an electric mixer to ensure it is completely smooth)
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture over the brownies.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top and sure a toothpick to create swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mine were perfect at 33 minutes.
More Delicious Desserts