These easy, gluten free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are loaded with dark chocolate flavor, creamy cheesecake and rich peanut butter!
Some things are made for one another. Like sweet tea and lemon, peanut butter and jelly, and macaroni and cheese. And cheesecake and brownies, right?
When it comes to desserts, I love brownies- love them! They are pretty much my all time favorite, but Mr. Maebell adores cheesecake. It is his weakness when it comes to desserts. He’s always asking me to make either Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars or Salted Dark Chocolate Cheesecake!
So as I was thinking of a decadent dessert I thought, why choose? Why not have them both in one dish and with peanut butter! After all, what isn’t better with peanut butter?
These brownies are so simple to make because I use a boxed gluten free brownie mix. This brownie mix is so tasty on it’s own, but when you add a creamy cheesecake filling it takes it to a whole new level. This is the ultimate treat for a birthday or special event!
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make these double chocolate brownies. For the complete, recipe just keep scrolling.
- Gluten Free Brownie Mix- I used Pillsbury, but any brand should be fine.
- Cream cheese- I used reduced fat, but whatever you have on hand will work.
- Sugar- feel free to use stevia or any other sugar substitute you usually use.
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter- creamy all the way here!
Do I have to use Gluten Free Brownie Mix?
Of course not! Feel free to use whatever you have on hand or whichever type of mix you prefer. These brownies come out fantastic either way, so it really is up to you. The great thing about baking is that you can tailor any recipe to really fit your personal tastes and dietary needs! So don’t worry, the type of box mix you use will not ultimately affect the deliciousness of these brownies.
Tips and Tricks for the best Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
While these brownies come together really easily, there are a few things to watch out for during the preparation process.
- Size of your pan- be sure to use an 8×8 pan for this recipe. 9×9 is too big and your brownies will come out too thin
- I bring my cream cheese to room temperature before mixing it. This makes it easier for the fat solids in the cream cheese to break down and makes it much easier to spread for those Cheesecake swirls
- If you prefer a fudgier brownie, cook for a couple of minutes less. If you prefer a brownie that is more done in the middle, cook for the full 35 minutes.
- Don’t overmix your batter. You want everything to come together, but don’t beat it to death!
- If you are worried the tops are baking faster than the middle (everyone’s oven is different), you can cover your Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies with aluminum foil to ensure nothing is getting burned.
How do you make Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies?
First, we start by mixing our Brownie Mix and layering half of it in a parchment lined 8×8 pan. I love using parchment paper because it makes the clean up a breeze- so don’t forget that step! But if you don’t have any, it’s completely fine. Just spray your pan with nonstick spray.
Next, we make our cheesecake filling by combining cream cheese, an egg, vanilla extract, peanut butter and stevia (or sugar) and beating it with a mixer until it is perfectly creamy. If you are in the mood for an arm workout, this can be done by hand. Personally, I sat out this particular exercise and went with the mixer.
Following the mixing, drop your cheesecake mixture by large spoonfuls all over the brownie batter. Don’t worry too much about spreading them out because these big yummy spoonfuls of cheesecake will create the great layers once the brownies are finished! Finally, just spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top and use a toothpick to create nice swirls.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Mine were perfect right around 33 minutes. That is it! Just a few simple ingredients creates a decadent dessert packed with flavor!
Storage and Reheating of Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
These brownies are a breeze to store. If you’re pan has an airtight lid (think Pyrex), then simply put the lid on and keep at room temperature for up to three days. Of course, if the pan you cooked your brownies in does not have a lid, simply put your brownies into a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid.
Additionally, if you wanted to make these Cheesecake Brownies last a little longer, you can place them in the fridge and they will stay fresh for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to two months.
Other Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Classic Keto Whoopie Pies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Bars
- Bakery Style Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 package Gluten Free Brownie Mix (I used Pillsbury Brownie Mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar or stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Lightly spray your parchment paper with cooking spray and spread half of the brownie mixture into the pan. Be sure to spread the mixture evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, sugar or stevia, vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix well. (You may want to use an electric mixer to ensure it is completely smooth)
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture over the brownies.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top and sure a toothpick to create swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Mine were perfect at 33 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 8.6gCholesterol: 26.3mgSodium: 164.2mgCarbohydrates: 35.3gNet Carbohydrates: 32.7gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 24.5gProtein: 3.9g