This delightful Chocolate Cherry Frozen Yogurt is the perfect lightened up sweet treat! Low carb options are included!
Growing up we always had ice cream in the house. Always. I am the oldest of four kids and half of us would eat ice cream with chocolate syrup and the other half would eat their ice cream in the form of a float.
Can you guess which one I was? Yep, I was firmly in the chocolate syrup camp and if it was some crazy special occasion and we had a jar of that microwavable hot chocolate – look out! I would go nuts!
Now that I have my own home, ice cream is a rare occurrence. Not because my love for a good chocolatey sundae has changed, but because life is an ongoing battle between between me and my skinny jeans. 🙂 the struggle, am I right?
Fortunately, I have found some lighter, healthier ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. This skinny Chocolate Covered Cherry Sundae is a prime example! This might look like a decadent dessert but it is actually packed with Greek yogurt and fruit!
Ingredients for Cherry Frozen Yogurt
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used to make our Chocolate Cherry Frozen Yogurt. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
For the Cherry Frozen Yogurt:
- Cherries- frozen and pitted
- Sweetener- you can use whatever kind you prefer
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- Chocolate chips- dark chocolate chips is what I recommend
- Coconut oil
Can I make Chocolate Frozen Yogurt keto and low carb?
Absolutely! Making this Chocolate Frozen Yogurt low carb and keto is so simple and still keeps this recipe incredibly delicious! Follow these easy steps to make your low carb frozen yogurt.
- Use a keto friendly sweetener- monkfruit sweetener or Swerve are both great low carb sweetener options
- Replace regular Greek yogurt with a low carb option
- Instead of milk, use heavy cream or almond milk
How to make low carb Chocolate sauce
I have had a lot of success with making keto chocolate sauce using Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and coconut oil as my base. The sauce still comes out creamy and delicious, but better because it is low carb!
How to make Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Here is how we make this delectable treat! To make the frozen yogurt I use a few basic ingredients such as Greek yogurt, fruit and sweetener. Seriously! It is that easy!
First, combine the frozen cherries, sweetener, Greek yogurt and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until your mixture is completely smooth. Place into a small container and freeze for at least two hours.
To make the chocolate sauce, just place your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until the mixture is smooth. Stir the mixture in between every 30 seconds. To make sundaes, just scoop your ice cream and add chocolate sauce!
You can eat it right away and it will be that great soft serve consistency, or you can freeze it so it gets firm and it it like regular ice cream. Either way is totally delicious! I actually prefer the soft serve texture, but I like to make a double batch and keep a small container in the freezer for those little evening snacks where I just need something a little sweet!
Can I use another fruit for keto Frozen Yogurt?
Of course! If you aren’t a fan of cherries, you can substitute in any fruit you prefer. This recipe is so easy to customize to your personal preferences. Some options that I think would be delicious are:
Other Fruit Desserts You May Enjoy
Cherry Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice* (see notes below)
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (use low carb if keto)
- 1/4 cup milk (heavy cream or almond milk if keto)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Lily's sugar free if keto)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine the yogurt ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Place cherry mixture into a small container and freeze at least 2 hours.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate and the coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until mixture is totally melted and smooth.
- To make Sundaes, scoop out frozen cherry yogurt and top with dark chocolate sauce.
You can use monkfruit or Swerve for a low carb option. You can use refined sugar or coconut sugar if not low carb.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11.1gCholesterol: 15.9mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 13.3gProtein: 8.2g