These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are the perfect keto snack! Creamy peanut butter is blended with a low carb caramel sauce, protein powder and chocolate chips, making these keto sweets protein packed!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
I love keto dessert recipes, especially ones that I can eat on the go! These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are so indulgent and delicious, you don’t even notice that they’re keto! This low carb snack is grain free as well as gluten free, making them perfect for your whole family. These keto bites also don’t require any baking, so you can whip them up in no time! Keto chocolate snacks are also great for meal prep- prepare a few batches over the weekend and munch on them all week! For more delicious low carb recipes, check out my page of Easy Keto Recipes!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Ball recipe
Here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this recipe. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Peanut butter
- Keto caramel sauce– butter, heavy cream, allulose sweetener, vanilla extract
- Coconut flour, protein powder (any kind you like), and sugar free chocolate chips
What type of sweetener do you use in protein bites?
Traditional peanut butter balls use honey as a sweetener, but that is not approved on a keto diet, so I use this amazing keto caramel sauce! This sauce only has four ingredients and it is delicious! It’s also super easy to make and keto-friendly at only 0.1 grams of net carbs per tablespoon!
How do you make Peanut Butter Protein Balls?
To make this keto snack, simply combine your peanut butter, caramel sauce, coconut flour and protein powder. Next, fold in the chocolate chips. Roll your protein bites into tablespoons and you are done! The perfect grab-and-go keto food, ready in minutes!
Are these protein bites good for meal prep?
These are a fantastic keto meal prep recipe. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are perfect for portioning out (I use these containers) for your work day snack, morning energy burst or an after workout reward!
How do you store keto peanut butter balls?
To store these keto snacks, just pop them into a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid and place in the fridge. These protein bites will stay fresh for up to a week.
Tips for the best Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Use your favorite nut butter! If peanut butter isn’t what you tend to use, go ahead and use sunflower, almond, or cashew butter! You can also use a different type of peanut butter if you prefer
- I do not recommend trying to use a different type of flour in this recipe. Coconut flour is very absorbent and helps to keep the protein bites in their shape
- I used vanilla protein powder, but if you have a different flavor that you prefer, try that!
- If you don’t care for chocolate chips, use whatever kind you like! Just be sure that they are sugar free to keep this recipe keto-friendly
More easy snack recipes
- 60+ Keto Snack Recipes
- Easy Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots
- Air Fryer Brownie (keto + gluten free)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup keto caramel sauce (linked below)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder (any variety)
- 1/2 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, caramel, coconut flour and protein powder until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the balls into heaping tablespoons. Store the peanut butter balls in an air tight container in the fridge.
Link for the caramel sauce:
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 10.2gCarbohydrates: 5.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 2gProtein: 5.4g