These Denver Omelet Egg Muffins are going to give you the energy you need to power through your day! Packed with protein and only 1 net carb each, these egg muffins are the perfect meal prep breakfast!
Denver Omelet Egg Muffins
A Denver Omelet is one of those classic flavor combinations that is very hard to beat. This diner favorite is an excellent low carb breakfast option or a quick and easy breakfast for dinner option! I especially love this dish because we often have a “Sunday Ham” for dinner and this is a great way to use up the leftovers!
As a bonus, egg muffins are great for meal prep. This recipe makes 12 hearty muffins packed with ham and veggies. You can easily enjoy a few for breakfast and barely break three net carbs!
What is a Denver Omelet?
A Denver Omelet, also known as a Western Omelet is a classic omelet with bell peppers, onions, ham and cheese. The flavors are simple, but this is one of the recipes where the quality of the ingredients really counts. Use a great smoked ham and fresh veggies for the best results!
Ingredients for a Denver Omelet Egg Muffins
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Denver Omelet Egg Muffins. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page. In addition to salt, pepper and baking powder you will need:
- Eggs: size large eggs are used in this recipe.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: you can sub regular milk if not keto, or almond milk if you are but want to cut calories.
- Ham: good quality, thick cut ham
- Shredded Cheese: cheddar is most commonly used in Denver Omelets, but you can use a different variety if you wish.
- Bell Pepper and Onion: finely chopped
How to make Egg Muffins
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Second, combine the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and baking powder in a medium size bowl. Beat until combined. Stir in the ham, peppers, onions and shredded cheese and mix. Scoop a 1/4 cup of the mixture (I used an ice cream scoop) into a muffin tin. I recommend using a silicone muffin tin so the muffins will release easily. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the muffins have set.
Are these good for keto meal prep?
Absolutely! These egg muffins are perfect for meal prepping. You can make a large batch and eat them throughout the week! See below for storage and reheat options for egg muffins. Another great keto breakfast meal prep recipe is this Keto Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe!
How to Store and Reheat low carb Egg Muffins
To store in the fridge, let cool completely and place into a bag and put into the fridge. These muffins will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
To reheat, just place in the microwave and warm in 15 second increments. You can also freeze these Denver omelet egg muffins! Let cool completely and put into a freezer safe bag. When you are ready to enjoy your egg muffins, microwave in 30 second increments until they are warm enough for you.
Tips for the best Denver Omelet Egg Muffins
- Use a silicone muffin tin for the easiest release of your egg muffins.
- Smoked ham is the best option for rich flavor.
- You can sauté the peppers and onions before hand if you want to increase the flavor and help the veggies be nice and tender, but that is an optional step.
- Be sure to mix your ingredients evenly so that every bite has a great flavor!
- If you want a little more spice, try a pepperjack cheese instead of cheddar.
Other Egg Muffins
These Sausage Egg and Cheese Muffins are full of flavor, we even add jalapeños from time to time to spice things up. Egg muffins are such a great go to, here are some of my other favorites:
Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Ham, Cheddar and Jalapeno Bites
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Chorizo Breakfast Scramble (keto + low carb)
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Beat the mixture until completely combined.
Stir in the chopped ham, shredded cheese, onion and peppers until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop into a greased muffin tin. I highly recommend a silicone muffin pan because it will prevent the mixture from sticking and the muffins will release very easily.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until the muffins have set and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 8.9gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 1.1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 8.8g