For low carb snacks that will keep you on track, you’ll love this list of the 60+ BEST Keto Snacks, all under 3 net carbs per serving!
How to Make a Keto Diet Work for You
Making goals and committing to a keto diet can be tough at first! Having easy, quick, and delicious low-carb snacks can make it much easier. Snacking can be an important part of keeping blood sugars stable, so being prepared is key to feeling good and staying keto.
Keto Snack Ideas
The beauty of snacks is the wide variety available to you! Quick snacks that require no cooking, drinks that allow you to snack without stopping to eat, or easy meal prep recipes you can freeze and take with you all have their place in the keto world. This list has a little bit of everything, but all recipes give you fewer than 3 net carbs for serving!
A busy schedule can make it difficult to stick to keto, but it makes snacking even more important! Here are tips to make it run smoother:
- Try to schedule a “prep day” every 1-3 weeks to make and freeze as many low-carb snacks, breakfasts, and desserts as you can. This allows you to keep around a good variety of snacks without having to cook constantly. (It’s also great for prepping some chicken or ground beef for meals throughout the week!)
- Double your recipes. Even if you’re just making a snack for lunch, double or triple the recipe as you’re working. Then you can freeze your leftovers, saving you a ton of time and work later!
- When freezing, double or triple wrap individual snacks in plastic wrap. It’s SO frustrating when you put in the work to prepare food ahead of time, freeze it, then pull it out later only to find it’s been ruined by freezer burn! Multiple layers of plastic wrap + storing in a freezer bag will help. Even better, store those wrapped goodies in a vacuum-sealed bag (or use a straw to suck the remaining air out of your normal freezer bag).
More Basic Keto Recipes:
- The BEST Keto Coffee Drinks
- 40+ of the BEST Keto Desserts
- Easy Keto Cocktails
- 10+ Easy Keto Soups
- The Best Keto Game Day Food
Breakfast Keto Snacks
These snacks are like mini breakfast recipes, just easy enough for a snack before lunch. This is perfect for those who start their day before the sun rises or people who prefer to skip a big breakfast.
No Cook Keto Snacks
These low carb snacks don't require any cooking, so you can whip these up in no time! Many of these are perfect potluck lunch recipes because they take so little effort.
Salty Keto Snacks
When you want a savory, salty bite, these low carb snacks can satisfy that craving. These are especially great for lunch or mid-day snacks.
Sweet Keto Snacks
These keto snacks are perfect for those sweet tooth cravings! Small low carb desserts can help satisfy without spiking your blood sugar or caving in to diet-busting alternatives. Many of these easy keto recipes work well for after school snacks, small lunch desserts, potlucks, or keeping in the freezer for meal prep.