Enjoy these Keto Brownies with Frosting for a decadent sweet treat under 4 net carbs! Each grain free brownie is covered in Raspberry Frosting and rich dark chocolate.
Keto Brownies with Frosting
I may be addicted to chocolate. Honestly, who isn’t? When I started my keto journey, I was so upset at the loss of my favorite dessert! But thankfully, I have cracked the code on keto chocolate goodies! Whether it’s a Brownie Pie, Chocolate Cheesecake, Chocolate Cookies or Almond Butter Cups, a keto chocolate dessert is always a win in our house!
These Keto Brownies with Frosting are a great addition to my keto dessert arsenal. Velvety cream cheese is mixed with fresh raspberries for the perfect frosting atop an amazing almond flour brownie! Raspberries are one of the healthiest fruits, being packed with fiber and coming in at only 7 grams of net carbs for one entire cup! These brownies are keto, low carb and gluten free!
Ingredients for Keto Brownies
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Brownies. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Granulated monkfruit sweetener
- Eggs- room temperature
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
Ingredients for Keto Frosting
- Cream cheese
- Confectioner’s monkfruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Low Carb Brownies
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix your butter and granulated monkfruit sweetener with an electric mixer until completely combined. Mix in the eggs one at a time then add the oil and vanilla. In a bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture while the mixer is slowly turning. Using an 8×8 pan (this is very important- do not use a 9×9 pan. Your brownies will be too thin and overcooked) that is lined with parchment paper, spread your brownie mixture in the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are set. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
How to Make Keto Frosting
Combine the cream cheese, butter, raspberries, half of the sweetener and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer. Scrape the sides down and add the rest of the sweetener until the frosting reaches your desired consistency. If the frosting seems to not be reaching the consistency you prefer, add one tablespoon of almond milk, heavy cream or additional sweetener.
One important note- monkfruit confectioner’s sweetener can clump easier than traditional confectioner’s sugar. To prevent this, sift your sugar before blending. This will result in a creamier, smoother frosting.
How to store raspberry brownies
To store these brownies, place in a resealable bag or a container with lid and leave on the counter. These brownies will stay fresh for up to four days.
How many carbs in Keto Brownies?
These brownies come in at only 3.9 grams of net carbs per brownie!
Can I eat brownies on keto?
Tips for the Best Keto Desserts
- Be sure to use almond flour instead of another flour substitute.
- Make sure you spread your brownie mixture evenly across your pan
- Only use an 8×8 pan– a 9×9 pan will result in brownies that are too thin and they will overcook
- I recommend sifting your monkfruit confectioner’s sweetener- this will keep the sweetener from clumping and will give your frosting a creamier texture
Other Keto Brownie Recipes
- Keto Mocha Cheesecake Brownies
- Air Fryer Brownie (keto + gluten free)
- Almond Butter Brownies (low carb)
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Keto Brownies
- Keto Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granular monkfruit sweetener
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl beat the cold butter and the granular monkfruit sweetener with an electric mixer. Cream the butter and sugar substitute at medium speed until it is completely combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Next, add the oil and vanilla extract.
- In another small bowl mix the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together.
- While the electric mixer is running slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line an 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the brownie batter into the pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until the brownies have set. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, raspberries, half of the sweetener and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and slowly add the remaining sweetener until it reaches your desired consistancy.
Depending on how you like frosting you may need to add 1 tablespoon heavy cream, almond milk or additional sweetener.
- Top the cooled brownies with the raspberry frosting. If desired, melt 1/4 cup of Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and drizzle over the brownies.
Read the post for tips to get the best results for your keto brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 Brownie with Frosting
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 21.5gCholesterol: 78.6mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 7.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.9gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 4.5g