Keto Jalapeño Popper Burgers are the ultimate low carb dinner! Juicy burgers are loaded with creamy jalapeño popper filling and served on crispy chaffle buns!
How do you make Jalapeno Popper Burgers?
First, make the jalapeño popper filling by combining a freshly seeded and chopped jalapeño with cream cheese and shredded cheese. Divide the filling into three equal portions and set aside.
To make the best juicy burger I recommend an 80/20 cut of ground beef. This ensures the burger is loaded with flavor and never dry. You will also need Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt and pepper.Simply combine the meat, sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and combine with your hands, being sure that you really work in the seasonings evenly.
Split the mixture into 6 equal, thin patties about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the filling over the center of one burger patty, top it with the other patty and press the edges to seal. Season the outside of the burger with salt and pepper.
How do I keep the filling from coming out?
There are two things you can do to prevent the filling from coming out. First, be sure the filling does not go to the edges of the burger, it needs to be in the center of the patty. Check out the step by step photos for clarity.
Secondly, pop the burger in the freezer for about 20 minutes before cooking. It will help help everything stay stable as it cooks.
What temperature should a burger be cooked to?
Always use a meat thermometer. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160 degrees F for ground beef. This is the temperature that should destroy any bacteria that could be harmful.
How do I know when a burger is done?
Ultimately, all of my recipe times are to be used as guidelines. The exact cooking time will depend on how you like your burger, the type of equipment you are cooking on, how hot your grill or oven heats things, and how thick your patty is. Be mindful to watch the burgers closely and remove them from the heat when they have reached your preferred temp.
How do you make a chaffle bun?
I use chaffles, also known as cheese waffles, for the buns. These are so quick and easy! You just need eggs, almond flour, cheese and baking powder. I prefer these to other types of keto bread for a bun because they are soft, fluffy and do not require much prep work.
To make a chaffle, combine the eggs, almond flour, shredded cheese and baking powder to make a thick batter. Add the batter to a preheated mini waffle maker and cook for 3 minutes, or until the steam stops.
Other Easy Dinner Ideas
- Easy Pizza Quesadilla
- Easy Keto Chicken Soup
- Easy Keto Taco Skillet
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Keto Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Burgers
- 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Jalapeno Popper Filling
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Chaffle Buns
- Combine the eggs, shredded cheese, almond flour, baking powder in a mixing bowl until a thick batter forms.
- Heat a mini waffle maker according to the directions. Pour the batter in the waffle maker (a scant 1/4 cup) be sure not to overfill (recipe makes 6 waffles).
- Cook the waffles about 3 minutes, or until steam stops emitting.
For the Jalapeno Popper Filling
- Combine the cream cheese, chopped jalapeno and shredded cheese. Divide the filling into three equal portions and set aside.
For the Burgers
- Combine the ground beef, sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and combine with your hands, being sure that you really work in the seasonings evenly.
- Split the mixture into 6 equal, thin patties about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the filling over the center of one burger patty, top it with the other patty and press the edges to seal.
- Season the outside of the burger with salt and pepper.
How to Cook a Burger on the Grill:
- Heat a grill to high heat (400 degrees F). Place the prepared burger patties directly on clean, preheated grill grates.
- Cook 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Check the patty for your desired doneness, and remove from the grill.
How to Cook a Burger in a Skillet
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot add 1 tablespoon salted butter and tilt the pan so the butter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Add the prepared patties to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes, flip when the burger is nicely browned on the bottom. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until it has reached your desired tenderness.
How to Cook a Burger in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees. Add the burger patties to the preheated air fryer and fry 5 minutes, flip and fry an additional 5-6 minutes.