This Chocolate Chip Gran Free Granola is a healthy snack that is gluten free, low carb and keto-friendly!
Grain Free Granola
While traditional granolas are made from a base of Old Fashioned oats, this grain free granola is made from a mix of nuts and fruit. Grain free alternatives have become very popular among those following low carb and gluten free diets. This is the perfect alternative to enjoy with yogurt or as a snack! This recipe contains almonds and macadamia nuts, which are full of hearty healthy fats!
Ingredients for Grain Free Granola
As always, you will find the complete recipe and instructions below, this is just a quick overview of the items you will need for this recipe:
- Coconut Flakes: you will need flakes for this recipe, not shredded coconut
- Almonds, Pecans and Macadamia Nuts: salted or unsalted, your preference
- Chia Seeds: raw seeds
- Butter: I use salted, but unsalted will also work
- Low Carb Sweetener such as Golden Monkfruit or Brown Sugar Swerve
- Vanilla Extract
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips: you can use regular chocolate or another variety if you prefer
How do you make Grain Free Granola?
This keto-friendly gain free granola is a cinch to make! You just need to follow three basic steps:
- Combine the coconut flakes, almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium low heat, melt the butter and add the keto-friendly sweetener to the skillet, stirring regularly. Stir the mixture for 6-7 minutes until the sweetener completely dissolves and it begins to thicken. Be careful not to overheat the mixture. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the granola and stir until it is completely coated. Spread out onto a silicone lined baking sheet and roast at 250 degrees F for 15 minutes, then turn and bake another 10-15 minutes more, until the coconut flakes are toasted.
- Allow the granola to cool completely and mix in the chocolate chips.
Tips for the Best Keto Granola
- You must use coconut flakes verses shredded coconut in this recipe. The larger sections of coconut provide for better crunch and a more substantial granola. Shredded coconut shrinks so much while baking you will end up with a very small quantity.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder to the butter mixture and stir until it dissolves. This is a great way to add extra flavor!
- I used already salted nuts for this recipe, because that is what I always have on hand, this is why the recipe doesn’t add any additional salt. However, if you use unsalted nuts I would suggest adding a pinch of salt to get the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
- You can use whole nuts, or roughly chopped nuts in this recipe. It is entirely up to your personal preference.
How many carbs are in Grain Free Granola?
This recipe makes 24 servings if split into 1/4 cup serving sizes. Each serving contains about 3 net carbs. The complete nutritional breakdown is found just below the recipe.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Coconut Flour Muffins
- Breakfast Chaffle Bowl
- Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits
- Keto Caramel Frappuccino
- 2 cups coconut flakes (not shredded coconut)
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup keto friendly sweetener such as Golden Monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium low heat, melt the butter and add the sweetener to the skillet, stirring regularly. Stir the mixture for 6-7 minutes until the sweetener completely dissolves and it begins to thicken. Be careful not to overheat the mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the granola and stir until it is completely coated.
- Spread out onto a silicone lined baking sheet and roast at 250 degrees F for 15 minutes, then turn and bake another 10-15 minutes more, until the coconut flakes are toasted.
- When the granola has cooled completely mix in the chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 16gCholesterol: 5.1mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 6.3gNet Carbohydrates: 3.2gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 1.3gProtein: 3.1g