These delightful Toasted Coconut Muffins are packed with a double dose of coconut! The perfect tropical treat to start your day!
There has probably been a point or two in my life where I would consider myself a morning person. Someone who can just hop out of bed and tackle the day. Unfortunately, right now would not be one of those times.
I am having a hard time getting going in the morning. I find myself hitting the snooze button a few too many times, or once I do get up I kind of wander around like a sleep deprived zombie. I’m not sure what it is, are you ever this way in the mornings?
Fortunately, I do find it a teeny bit easier to get going when I know I have breakfast ready and waiting. These Toasted Coconut Muffins are our new obsession. I have made three batches in the past few weeks.
I love coconut, like really really adore it. I love it in anything and in any form. I especially love it toasted. The extra crunch and the depth of flavor just make me swoon, not to mention the smell! I love the smell of toasted coconut wafting through the air, it is way better than any candle out there!
These muffins give you a double dose of coconut. I used a coconut cream pudding mix for flavor and to keep the muffins perfectly moist, and add a heaping helping of, you guessed, it toasted coconut to the mix. By toasting the coconut before I add it it gives it a very rich flavor, and adds great texture.
If you love coconut as much as I do, you have got to make these!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 (3 ounce) package of instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup toasted coconut*
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, and sugar, combine well.
- Add oil, buttermilk, and eggs while stirring.
- Fold in toasted coconut
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop muffin batter into tins (I use an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- *To toast coconut turn your broiler in low and place coconut on a baking sheet. Watch closely as coconut begins to brown. Remove when lightly toasted.
Other Easy Coconut Treats!