This Breakfast Chaffle Bowl is an easy keto meal! Just 2.5 net carbs and perfect for low carb meal prep.
Breakfast Chaffle Bowl
These cute little Breakfast Chaffle Bowls are surprisingly filling and perfect for a keto meal prep breakfast! The chaffle bowl is made using the Dash Mini Waffle Bowl Maker and a recipe similar to a normal chaffle. These gluten-free, keto-friendly bread bowls can be made ahead of time, making sure you have a quick breakfast ready when you are!
Keto Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. For specific measurements, keep scrolling to the printable recipe card.
- Chaffle bowl: Click here for the tutorial and recipe for a chaffle bowl.
- Scrambled egg
- Ham: I used thick-cut. You could use deli ham, country ham, whatever you prefer.
- Cheese: Shredded, your favorite variety will be fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
What can I use to make a Chaffle Bowl?
You will need this Mini Waffle Bowl maker for this recipe. Once you start using it you will quickly become addicted to this clever little gadget!
Are Breakfast Chaffle Bowls good for keto meal prep?
Yes, this is PERFECT for keto meal prep! You can make the chaffle bowls up to 4 days ahead of time and store them in the fridge, then you can simply toast or air fry them to crisp them up when you’re ready. The scrambled eggs can be made 3-4 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge as well. Go ahead and shred your cheese, cut your ham, and you’ve got breakfast waiting in the fridge anytime.
I don’t recommend assembling the bowls until you’re ready to eat. You could store all of the filling together in an airtight container and the bowl in a ziplock bag, then just reheat and assemble!
Tips for the BEST Breakfast Chaffle Bowl:
- When making your chaffle bowl, do not overfill the maker. Two tablespoons is all it takes, and overfilling will cause a pretty big mess.
- Customize your fillings for your own preferences! Switch out the ham for bacon or chicken if you’d like. Use pepper jack cheese and add hot sauce if you like it spicy!
- Reheat chaffles in the air fryer or toaster oven to crisp them up. You can also zap them in the microwave, but they get a bit soggy.
- Try different cheeses both in the chaffle bowl and as a filling! Cheddar, gouda, mozzarella… There are so many different options you can try!
More ways to eat a chaffle
Chaffles are so versatile and easy–They make coming up with simple keto snacks and exciting new meals fun!
- BBQ Stacks : Top a Jalapeno Cheddar Chaffle with Instant Pot BBQ Chicken and keto coleslaw!
- Chili Cheese Chaffles : Top a Bacon Cheddar Chaffle with Keto Chili and cheese!
- Bacon Cheeseburger : Using basic chaffles as burger buns, build your favorite loaded burger.
- Turkey Club Sandwich : Layer turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese between two plain chaffles for a delicious keto sandwich.
For even more chaffle ideas and recipes, check out this post: Everything You Should Know About Chaffles!
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Chorizo Breakfast Scramble – packed with tons of flavor, only 5 net carbs
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake Waffles – a delicious big stack for under 5 net carbs
- Keto Caramel Frappuccino – perfectly creamy, under 2 net carbs each
- Easy Keto Bagels – wonderfully fluffy & great texture for about 3 net carbs
- BLT Egg Wraps – enjoy 2 crunchy, satisfying wraps for under 5 net carbs
Want more? Check out this list for 40+ Keto Breakfast Recipes under 5 Net Carbs!
Breakfast Chaffle Bowl
- 1 chaffle bowl see notes for recipe link
- 1 large egg scrambled
- 2 tablespoons thick cut ham
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill your chaffle bowl with your cooked scrambled egg, ham, and shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.