This Sausage Burrito is packed with sausage, eggs, cheese and spinach! This meal is super satisfying and is perfect for meal prep!
This Sausage Burrito is layered with melty cheese, tender spinach, fluffy eggs and your favorite sausage, all wrapped in a warm tortilla! The scrambled eggs are of course the perfect combination with the sharp cheddar cheese and the sausage makes this meal super filling! This easy breakfast recipe will keep you going all day.
This breakfast burrito is a huge hit in our house. Any time I make it, it’s requested again and again! This kid-friendly recipe is great for a grab-and-go meal, or for a fun Sunday meal! You can also easily customize this recipe so it fits your personal taste, or make a fun breakfast bar out of it. Lay out different proteins, cheese, veggies and scrambled eggs and let everyone in the family prepare their own burrito. It’s a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen!
Ingredients in this Breakfast Burrito
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Sausage Burrito. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tortilla- Gluten free, traditional, low carb or even a Zucchini Tortilla!
- Spinach- sauteed (you could also use frozen)
- Cheese- I used Cheddar
- Sausage- cooked and drained
- Eggs- scrambled
How do I make this easy breakfast recipe?
You can enjoy this delicious breakfast in only three easy steps!
- Saute your spinach and set aside.
- Add your tortilla to the skillet and sprinkle on cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove. Scramble the eggs.
- Layer your burrito with the spinach, sausage and eggs. Wrap and enjoy!
Substitutions for this breakfast sausage recipe
This recipe is perfect for customizing to your own personal preferences! Here are some ways that you can alter the ingredients so that you get a delicious burrito every time:
- Change the protein! Use ham, bacon, tofu, ground chicken or ground turkey. You could also use a spicy or Italian sausage for a different flavor!
- Use your favorite veggies! Try peppers, onions or potatoes in this burrito!
- Change up the cheese! Pepper jack, colby jack, or mozzarella would all be tasty in this recipe
Is this recipe good for breakfast meal prep?
This Sausage Burrito is perfect for breakfast meal prep! Just prepare your burritos ahead of time and wrap in aluminum foil. When you’re ready to enjoy, just unwrap from the foil and warm in the microwave. When your burrito is warm enough for you, go ahead and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat this Sausage Burrito
You can store this burrito in a couple of different ways. You can wrap them individually in aluminium foil and store in the fridge. You could also keep in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and keep refrigerated, or in a large plastic bag. To warm, place on a microwave safe plate and warm in 30 second increments, or until hot enough for you. You could also warm on the stove top over medium heat.
More easy breakfast recipes
- Chorizo Breakfast Scramble (keto + low carb)
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Potato Hash
- 1 large tortilla (gluten free, regular, low carb or flavored)
- 1 cup spinach, sautéed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked sausage
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- In a 12 inch skillet, add a small amount of butter or spray well with oil. Sauté the spinach until tender and set aside.
- Add the tortilla to the skillet and add cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and scramble the eggs.
- Assemble the burrito by layering the spinach, sausage and eggs to the warm tortilla. Wrap and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 (nutrition calculated using a Carb Balance tortilla)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 27gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 836mgCarbohydrates: 21.7gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 15.7gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 23.7g