This Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is packed with two different cheese, fresh spinach and garlic and is rubbed with a delicious herb mix. Ready in 30 minutes, this meal will become one of your weeknight favorites!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
I love thinking up new ways to spice up chicken breast. It’s such a healthy and versatile cut of meat, I can’t help but get creative! This Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is the perfect way to make a healthy dinner your family will love. The best part is that this meal is cooked in under 30 minutes and requires very little cleanup, making it perfect for weeknights!
I served this stuffed chicken with Cheddar Garlic Keto Biscuits and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, but a fresh salad would also be the perfect side dish for this meal! For dessert, we had this Keto Brownie Pie. If you’re looking for some new ways to prepare chicken breast, give this recipe for Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast or this Easy Pesto Chicken a try!
Ingredients for Stuffed Chicken
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breast- small to medium breasts work best in this recipe, but if you can only find larger ones then I recommend pounding them down so they’re thinner
- Cream cheese- softened will spread much easier, so let your cream cheese come to room temperature
- Spinach- I used fresh spinach, but you can use frozen, just be sure to remove all of the moisture first
- Feta- crumbled
- Lemon zest
- Spices- garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
How to make Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
First, combine the cream cheese, feta, spinach and lemon zest and set aside. Slice your chicken breast lengthwise so that it folds open- take care to not slice the breast all the way through. Next, spread the spinach mixture over one side of the chicken and fold the other side of the chicken over. If needed, you can secure your chicken with a toothpick.
Sprinkle each side of the chicken with the seasonings and place into a greased baking dish. Cook at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
How long to bake stuffed chicken breast?
This stuffed chicken will need to baked in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. If you are unsure if your chicken is completely cooked, check that the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
Tips for the best stuffed chicken
- Be careful when slicing your chicken breast. You want to be sure to butterfly the breast and not slice the breast into two pieces.
- If you are using frozen spinach, be sure to remove all of the moisture from the spinach first. Otherwise your mixture will be too wet.
- Allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature so it is easier to spread.
- I recommend using a small to medium sized chicken breast for this recipe, but if you only have larger breasts then use a meat tenderizer to help flatten the breasts out a little.
- Try to use chicken breasts that are all a similar size- this will help them all to cook at the same time and more evenly
How to store and reheat Stuffed Chicken
To store this stuffed chicken, place in a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid. Place in the fridge and keep covered for up to four days. To reheat, place on a microwave safe plate and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met. You can also warm in the oven in a greased dish at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Meals
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Keto Green Chili Stuffed Chicken
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
For the Chicken
- 4 small chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup tightly packed freshly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise so that the breast folds open (be sure not to slice all the way through)
- Spread the spinach mixture on one side of the chicken and fold the other side over, secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Lightly sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side.
- Place in a greased baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes until the chicken is has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 13.8gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 1.6gNet Carbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.8gProtein: 23.6g