These cute Strawberry Cheesecake Jars are a decadent no-bake dessert! Sweet and creamy vanilla cheesecake is layered with homemade strawberry sauce and fresh berries for the perfect treat!
Cheesecake, in any shape or form, is the way to Mr. Maebells heart. These sweet and creamy cheesecake jars are no exception! This dessert features an indulgent vanilla cheesecake layer that is paired with homemade strawberry sauce, alongside fresh seasonal berries. The best part about this dish is that it requires no baking and is completely sugar-free! I promise you won’t miss the sugar at all, this is just as rich and delicious as a traditional cheesecake filling!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients needed for this easy cheesecake dessert. For the complete, printable recipe scroll to the recipe card below.
- Cream Cheese: full-fat or reduced-fat cream cheese will work in the recipe. No matter which variety you use be sure to allow it to soften at room temperature before making.
- Monkfruit Sweetener: this is a low-carb, sugar-free sweetener. If you prefer to use regular sugar that is okay, be sure you use the powdered or confectioner variety.
- Sour Cream: this balances the sweetness and creates a rich and creamy texture.
- Heavy Cream: this is responsible for part of the volume in these cheesecake jars. When using an electric mixer heavy cream becomes stiff and creamy like whipped cream.
- Vanilla Extract: adds richness and depth to the dish.
- Strawberries: of course, the star of the show! You will need this to make the sauce as well as fresh berries.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
In addition to the ingredients listed above you will need a few mixing bowls, a saucepan for the strawberry sauce, and of course cute little jars for serving! To make the best no-bake strawberry cheesecake just follow the instructions below:
Make the Strawberry Sauce
While a homemade strawberry sauce may seem intimidating, it is actually extremely simple! To make homemade fruit sauce you simply need to add chopped berries, confectioners sweetener, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer. Stir the mixture well and reduce the heat to medium for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the mixture has reduced and begun to thicken remove from heat. Allow the sauce to cool completely before adding to the cheesecake mixture.
Beat Cream Cheese and Sweetener
In a medium to large size mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese and powdered sweetener. Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until it is creamy. Once the mixture is well combined scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat the mixture again until combined. The final step is to add the heavy cream and beat the mixture until it has doubled in volume and is thick, fluffy, and creamy like the second photo above. At this point, you can cover and chill the mixture or assemble the jars.
Layer the Cheesecake and Strawberries
Layer the cheesecake jars and enjoy! If you would like to recreate the jars you see in the photos layer the cheesecake mixture, then the cooled strawberry sauce, chopped fresh berries, and repeat! I used these jars and it fills 6 very full jars.
Serve these cheesecake jars upon assembling, as long as the individual components have been chilled first. Alternatively, make the jars and chill at least 1 hour before serving. You can also make these jars up to two days in advance if needed. You can serve these jars alongside graham crackers if you aren’t following a low-carb diet.
Store these jars in an airtight container in the fridge. These cheesecake jars can be stored up to 4 days, although I do find the fresh strawberries in the jars tend to soften after 2 days.
No Bake Cheesecake Tips
- Use softened cream cheese for the best results. Cold cream cheese is harder to blend and will not incorporate with the other ingredients as well.
- Make the strawberry sauce first and allow it to cool as you make the cheesecake.
- Use an electric mixer, this can be a handheld or stand mixer. It will be very difficult to whip the cream cheese and heavy cream as well as you need to for the correct consistency.
- Chocolate: to make a chocolate strawberry parfait add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the cheesecake mixture.
- Other Fruit: use a different fruit for the sauce such as raspberries, peaches, blueberries, or blackberries.
- Extract: a different extract will create a different flavor profile. Try almond, lemon, or maple extract if desired. Reduce the amount of the extract to 1/2 teaspoon and do a taste test, add more if needed.
- Add-ins: Sugar-free chocolate chips, crushed cookies, toasted coconuts or nuts make great additions to this dish.
No, this recipe will not have the same results without this ingredient.
You can use any confectioner sweetener.
Yes, this dish is low-carb and keto-friendly.
Yes, you can make and assemble these jars up to two days in advance.
Yes, you can make plain no bake cheesecake jars by omitting the strawberry sauce.
Other Cheesecake Desserts
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars: decadent bars that feature homemade blueberry sauce, a delightful lemon layer, and a crumble topping.
- Mocha Cheesecake: incredibly rich and indulgent cheesecake topped with ganache.
- Butter Pecan Cheesecake: the ultimate dessert!
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars: easy cheesecake bars that will satisfy your sweet tooth with under 3 net carbs.
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars: shortbread cookie base topped with lemon cheesecake and a lemon bar layer!
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles: an amazing sugar-free dessert!
Vanilla Cheesecake Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners Monkfruit (or regular sugar if not keto)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional, but helps to brighten the strawberry flavor)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
For the Strawberry Sauce
- Add the chopped berries, confectioners sweetener, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer.
- Stir the mixture well and reduce the heat to medium for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture has reduced and begun to thicken remove from heat. Allow the sauce to cool completely before adding to the cheesecake mixture.
For the Cheesecake Layer
- In a medium to large size mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese and powdered sweetener. Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until it is creamy.
- Next, add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat the mixture again until combined. The final step is to add the heavy cream and beat the mixture until it has doubled in volume and is thick, fluffy, and creamy like the second photo above. At this point, you can cover and chill the mixture or assemble the jars.
- Layer the cheesecake mixture, then the cooled strawberry sauce, chopped fresh berries, and repeat. I used these jars and it fills 6 very full jars.
If you are not keto or low carb you can use regular confectioners sugar.
To make this recipe stretch further for a party assemble them in these 2 ounce tasting cups, you will get 12 small cheesecake parfaits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 6.3gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 4g