You will love these Zucchini Fritters! Made with fresh zucchini, and cheddar cheese, this delicious appetizer has only 2 net carbs each!
These Zucchini Fritters taste just like a traditional fritter- they are perfectly crispy on the outside while being soft and cheesy on the inside. This is the perfect keto side dish recipe!
These Zucchini Fritters can also be easily prepared ahead of time or even frozen, making them perfect for keto meal prepping. Since we’re using coconut flour in this recipe, that makes this low carb side dish gluten free as well! This easy recipe is a great way to get vegetables on the table (and out of your garden!) while not sacrificing flavor! Your entire family will love these Zucchini Fritters!
Zucchini Fritter Ingredients
As always, here is an overview of the ingredients used in our Zucchini Fritters. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Zucchini and onion
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Eggs
- Coconut flour, Baking powder, Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Xanthan gum
How to Shred Zucchini
For this recipe, you will need to shred zucchini as well as remove the moisture from it. To shred, cut off the ends of your washed zucchini. I use a handheld grater to shred zucchini. To make the process easier, I also place my grater on top of a plate to catch the shredded zucchini.
Holding the grater in one hand and the zucchini in another, grate your zucchini until you’ve shredded as much as possible. To remove the moisture from the zucchini, I use a tea towel. Place your grated zucchini the tea towel and wring out as much moisture as possible, then repeat.
You may need to repeat this step one more time. After your zucchini is sufficiently dry, measure out 3 cups (packed) for this recipe.
How do I make this Zucchini Fritters recipe?
- Mix: Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for five minutes- this allows the coconut flour to absorb any excess moisture from the zucchini.
- Cook: Heat a large skillet over medium heat with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Using a small cookie scoop, place the batter in the hot oil and flatten slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and flip. Cook for 2-3 more minutes and enjoy!
Can I use a different type of flour in this keto zucchini recipe?
I do not recommend using a different type of flour here. The coconut flour will help to absorb the extra moisture provided by the zucchini, which will help your fritters to stick together and not be soggy. You will not get the same results with almond flour.
Can I make these Zucchini Fritters ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can fully prepare these and place in the fridge- they will stay fresh for up to five days. To reheat, bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about five minutes. Alternatively, you can air fry the fritters in a preheated air fryer at 350F degrees for 3 minutes.
How to Freeze Fritters
You can also freeze this easy keto recipe! Cook fully and allow to cool. Place in a freezer safe bag and store for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then warm in the oven as described above.
Low Carb Appetizers
More keto zucchini recipes
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, dried and packed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- **Salt to taste AFTER cooking, if you add salt to the mixture itself it will release more moisture and be soggy.
- Shred the zucchini and place in a tea towel, fold the towel up and wring as much water out of the zucchini as you can. I do this at least two times.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit 5 minutes. Coconut flour absorbs a lot of moisture, so it needs a few minutes to soak everything up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with just enough oil to cover the bottom nicely. Use a small (1.5 inch cookie scoop) carefully place the batter in the hot oil and flatten slightly. Allow the fritters to cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then flip.
Salt and pepper to taste after cooking, serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per fritter
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 3.2gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 4g