You will want to add these Steak and Eggs to your weekly menu! This keto meal is super low carb, packed with protein and contains only 3 real ingredients!
Today we are serving up a super low carb, protein packed meal! The very best part is that it has only three ingredients, takes all of ten minutes to prepare, and is hearty enough to keep even your hungriest eater full! This probably doesn’t even qualify as an actual recipe. It is more of a method, or an idea. Nevertheless, it is good and I wanted to share! This has three components, butter, steak, and eggs. Could I get anymore basic? You could get fancy and add a slice of cheddar, or even throw a couple avocados in the mix. If your really crazy toss some jalapenos on that baby and call it a day. And normally, that is what I would do. I would overcomplicate this simple dish until it wasn’t simple at all. But I gathered all my will power and let these three ingredients speak for themselves.
Why Should I Eat Steak and Eggs on Keto?
A steak and egg breakfast or dinner isn’t just easy, it’s a low carb, high fat meal ideal if you are following a keto diet. This is a complete and filling meal that is just about as close to zero carbs as you can get. Additionally, it is really versitle because you can use this base recipe and customize it based on your preferences. I photographed my pan seared steak with runny eggs, but you can scramble, serve over easy, make as an omelet or cheesy eggs. This is also great with a few slices of salted avocado. I highly reccomend using a good heavy bottomed skillet like this cast iron skillet that I got from Target. It is the one I use all the time and it is ideal for cooking the steak and eggs nice and evenly, and bonus points it is oven safe!
- ONE SERVING
- 1/4-1/2 pound top round steak
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced in half
- 1-2 tablespoons steak marinade (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a shallow dish or ziplock bag combine the steak with marinade, salt and pepper if desired. Allow to marinate 10 minutes-1 hour.
- In a medium size heavy bottom skillet heat to medium heat.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the skillet, when melted add the steak and sear 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked your desired level.
- Remove steak and wipe the skillet clean, add the remaining butter and carefully crack eggs in skillet.
- Remove from skillet until whites are cooked through and yolks are runny.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!