Do you buy the fancy-flavored coffee creamer? I used to all.the.time. I would have five or six flavors at once, and then I just kind of stopped one day. I am not sure if I just got tired of them or my taste buds suddenly grew up, and I liked my coffee without tons of stuff inside. But I just never thought about them again, until last week at the grocery. I was waiting for this precious little old lady and her husband to decide on a flavor of creamer so I could get to the buttermilk on the other side of them. After much debate (he wanted the peppermint mocha, and she wanted the eggnog), they settled on the Peppermint Mocha. Watching their cute little debate and listening to all of his selling points as to why Peppermint Mocha was so much better I found myself craving it! Before I knew it he had sold me on it too!
So, I grabbed a bottle and went on my way!
I got to thinking of other things I could do with the creamer and decided a fun holiday no bake pie would do the trick. This is seriously the easiest dessert ever. It is so super simple you will have it assembled within 10 minutes. You can then freeze the pie, or let it sit in the fridge a few hours until it sets. Either way, it is wonderful!
This is just an updated, more flavorful version of your basic pudding pie. I used a (gluten free) graham cracker crust with a layer of semi sweet chocolate in the bottom topped with Peppermint Mocha filling, then whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top!
If your looking for an effortless holiday dessert this is just what you need!
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crust (I used gluten free)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 squares semi sweet bakers chocolate
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup peppermint coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a greased pie pan.
- Slowly melt chocolate according to package directions, pour it into the crust, and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pie dish.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk, and creamer.
- In a small measuring cup or bowl, combine the espresso powder and hot water. Make sure it dissolves completely. Add coffee mixture to pudding mixture stir well.
- Add pudding mixture to pie dish and top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.