These easy Banana Nut Overnight Oats are packed with sweet banana flavor, gluten free oats, cinnamon and maple syrup! A secret ingredient makes these a protein packed grab and go breakfast!
We are having the weirdest weather. One day this week I was in the back yard sitting on a blanket in the sunshine with the dogs and two days later we had snow! Weird weird weather. And of course, since all food craving are infulenced by the weather we just haven’t known what to eat! Our menu has run the gamut from Honey Chipotle Chicken to Chicken Enchilada Soup, a little Spring and a little Winter has been in the mix.
But there is one thing I always crave no matter what the weather, comfort food! These easy Banana Nut Overnight Oats are packed with two comfort foods in one! Sweet bananas, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup lend all the flavors of traditional banana bread. The gluten free oats add a hearty touch and a secret ingredient makes these a protein packed grab and go breakfast!
I had to experiment with this a few times before I got the flavors just right, but my favorite flavors were achieved by blending the milk, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and an entire banana together just like you would for a smoothie. This allowed banana to be a natural sweetener and packed a ton of flavor without worrying about any chunks of fruit. I also add a full scoop of our favorite vanilla flavored protein powder and blend it in as well. You can certainly leave this step out, the recipe is still great without it but if you are looking to make your breakfast a bit more filling the protein really helps keep you full longer.
After you have mixed your ingredients in the blender you just pour the liquid into a small bowl with a lid or a mason jar, stir in your Old Fashioned Oats until they are saturated. Then just seal your bowl or jar and store it in the fridge overnight. The next morning you will have a nice easy grab and go breakfast. You can add additional fruit slices, chopped nuts, a little more cinnamon or maple syrup if you wish! This is super easy to adjust based on your preferences!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium banana, (preferably ripe so it has a more intense flavor)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup protein powder (completely optional, I use the gluten free Mountain Ops or MyoFusion)
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (for topping)
- Place the milk, banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and protein powder in the blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour liquid into a glass jar or bowl and stir in the oats until they are saturated.
- Cover tightly and place in a fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat stir well and top with pecans.
- Garnish with additional fruit, nuts, cinnamon or maple syrup!
Other Easy Recipes