This Berry Crisp with Oatmeal Crumble Topping features warm, sweet blueberries and blackberries with a crisp oatmeal crumble topping! Top with ice cream for an ultra satisfying dessert!
As far as desserts go I will choose a fruit based treat every single time. And if it is warm and topped with ice cream it isn’t even a competition. Cobblers, crisp and fruit crumbles have always been my favorite. This Berry Crisp with Oatmeal Crumble Topping is perfect for summer. It is easy and aside from the fruit has basic pantry staples you may already have on hand. This is an easy base recipe to switch up based on what fruit you have on hand. I use a mixture of blueberries and blackberries but cherries would also work well too. Whatever fruit you choose just make sure you don’t forget the ice cream!
Other Sweet Treats
If you love fruit desserts too I have some other recipes you will love. This Peanut Butter and Honey Apple Crisp has all three of my favorite flavors. The peanut butter oatmeal topping and tender apples make for a unique dessert perfect for any season. If you are following a low carb keto diet like I am now these Keto Lemon Bars are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth craving. They feature a shortbread cookie crust, and tangy lemon filling.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- For the Filling
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar or swerve for lower carb
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- For the Topping
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten free flour or almond flour also work)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or swerve for lower carb
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine the berries, sugar, and corn starch until berries are completely covered.
- Grab a large cast iron skillet or deep dish pie pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour berries into pan.
- Wipe your mixing bowl clean and combine the oats, flour, pecans and brown sugar well. Then cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or use your hands to blend in the butter. It should be combined well and the mixture will be crumbly.
- Pour the oatmeal topping over your berries, making sure to distribute it evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes and serve warm with ice cream.
Other Easy Recipes
If you are looking for low carb keto recipes check out my keto section with loads of easy recipes. All of the recipes on my site are gluten free as well, I have lots of great easy recipes perfect for busy nights! Follow me on Pinterest for more great ideas!