This Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla is the ultimate weeknight dinner! Shredded chicken is combined with blue cheese, mozzarella and buffalo sauce and is cooked to perfection!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
This Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla is going to become one of your weeknight go-to meals! This easy dinner recipe comes together in a flash and is always a hit in our house. Shredded chicken is tossed in a tangy buffalo sauce and mixed with creamy mozzarella cheese and sharp blue cheese, then cooked in your favorite tortilla!
I also added a recipe for a quick healthy yogurt dip. This meal is protein packed and is a great way to make sure everyone is full! This kid-approved dinner is perfect for a quick lunch, after school snack or for meal prepping!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s a great way to make use of leftover chicken in a fun recipe. One way to get everyone in your house in on the cooking is to lay out all of your ingredients and let your family do the work! Have everyone pack their own cheesy quesadillas- this is a great way to get your little ones involved in the kitchen. There’s also hardly any cleanup and as an added bonus you can even cook these quesadillas in the Air Fryer! In just a few minutes you can have a meal on the table that you know is going to have everyone asking for seconds!
Ingredients in this Chicken Quesadilla
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Shredded chicken- use a leftover rotisserie chicken or try this Easy Shredded Chicken
- Mozzarella cheese, blue cheese
- Tortillas- you can use gluten free, low carb, a flavored tortilla or try these awesome Zucchini Tortillas!
- Buffalo sauce, butter
How do I make these Cheese Quesadillas?
This quick dinner recipe comes together in only 3 simple steps!
- Combine your chicken, cheeses and buffalo sauce and mix.
- Spread your chicken mixture over half of a tortilla and fold.
- To cook on the stove top, add butter to a hot skillet and add the quesadilla. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. To cook in the Air Fryer, preheat to 370 degrees. Add your quesadilla and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Tips for the best Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
Customize it! You can really make this recipe your own. Here’s a few ways you can change this easy dinner recipe up:
- Cheese- if you don’t care for mozzarella or blue cheese, add whatever type you like! Pepper jack, cheddar or a Mexican blend would all be delicious
- Protein- this recipe would also be great with grilled chicken, shredded beef or steak
- If you don’t like spice, omit the buffalo sauce for a creamy ranch dressing instead!
- This recipe works with any type of tortilla you like, whether it’s gluten free, low carb or a flavored tortilla
Prepare ahead of time. It’s super easy to just make the chicken filling ahead of time and keep in the fridge, so you can be ready to make these quesadillas in record time.
Cook in the Air Fryer! Using your Air Fryer makes cooking these quesadillas even easier, which is what we’re all after for a weeknight meal!
Is this recipe good for chicken meal prep?
This is a fantastic meal prep recipe! You can make the quesadillas whenever you have the time and then keep in airtight containers in the fridge. These chicken quesadillas will stay fresh for up to four days, so you can enjoy them throughout the week! To warm, just pop into the microwave (or back in the Air Fryer!) and cook in 30 second increments until it’s warm enough for you.
Can I freeze these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas?
Yes, you can! You can freeze these chicken quesadillas before or after cooking. If freezing an uncooked quesadilla, just prepare as described in the instructions, then wrap twice in plastic wrap before storing in a freezer safe bag. If you’re freezing a cooked quesadilla, just let it cool completely before wrapping twice in your plastic wrap.
What should I serve with these Cheesy Quesadillas?
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is my tasty Lime Yogurt Dip! But there’s also so many great sides you can serve. If you’re keto, give this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice a try with a classic Keto Margarita or a fun Spicy Watermelon Keto Margarita! Jalapeno Ranch Dip is so addicting and so good, you’ll be adding it to everything! Seasoned Black Beans are a great way to get some more protein on the plate at dinner.
More easy dinner recipes
- Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad
- Asian Pork Tenderloin with Air Fryer Vegetables
- Crock Pot Ribs
- Air Fryer Green Beans and Smoked Sausage
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 medium tortillas (regular, gluten free or low carb if keto)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken
Lime Yogurt Dip
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- In a small bowl, add your chicken, shredded cheese, blue cheese, and buffalo sauce. Mix well.
- Spread half of the chicken and cheese mixture to one half of a tortilla and fold over. Repeat with the remaining mixture and tortilla.
- Stove Top Instructions: Heat a medium-sized skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add half the butter and allow it to sizzle, then add your quesadilla. Allow to cook 4-5 minutes (until the tortilla is browned), flip, and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Air Fryer Instructions: Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.Fill each tortilla with half the chicken cheese mixture and place in the air fryer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, then cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
Lime Yogurt Dip:
- While the quesadilla is cooking, mix together your yogurt, lime juice, and green onions. Chill in the fridge until quesadilla is ready to serve.
Nutrition value below is for ONLY the quesadilla and is made using Mission Carb Balance tortillas. The Lime Yogurt Dip values are as follows per heaping tablespoon: Calories 19; Total Fat 0.9g; Cholesterol 2.3mg; Sodium 6.6mg; Total Carbohydrate 1.3g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 0.9g; Protein 1.6g
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 (using Mission Carb Balance tortilla)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 25.1gCholesterol: 138.6mgSodium: 1278.4mgCarbohydrates: 22.9gNet Carbohydrates: 7.9gFiber: 15gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 44.3g