This Garlic Pepper Pork Tenderloin with Green Chili Grits is ready in just 30 minutes and packed with flavor!
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Pork. The opinions and text are all mine. #RealFlavorRealFast @SmithfieldBrand
Thank you for supporting brands that support Maebells!
The last few years something has become very clear, maintaining friendships as you get older can be a difficult thing to do. There is this shift that happens as you grow, especially in your twenties as people begin to get married, start careers and move away. Keeping those precious friendships in tact can be tricky because there is always something on the to do list that is a little more pressing than checking in with an old friend. I think this gets even harder when friends begin to have kids because finding time to go to the grocery is difficult, much less having lunch with a friend!
I know this is a universal problem. As you sit there right now and read this you can probably think of a friend or two you should check in with, but haven’t had the time. I propose a movement of sorts. I say lets not put it off anymore. Let’s call up those friends and invite them over for dinner. You are busy and they are busy but you can take one night to give those relationships a little extra love!
I happen to have the perfect meal! This easy Garlic Pepper Pork Tenderloin with Green Chili Grits is packed with flavor and feeds a crowd! This meal comes together in just 30 minutes. The secret is using a Smithfield Marinated Pork Tenderloin. These have become an essential part of our meals because most flavors are gluten free and they make dinner time so much easier because they have already made sure the Tenderloin has the perfect amount of flavor! For this recipe I picked up a one pound Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin from my local Kroger. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is made from 100% fresh pork and is packed with protein and is available in a variety of flavors. All you have to do is choose a side!
It is no secret that I love grits, I think they are the definition of comfort food. They are creamy, cheesy and the perfect compliment for something so packed with flavor like this Garlic Pepper Pork Tenderloin. To make these grits extra special I cook them in chicken stock to give them a nice rich flavor and then stir in sharp cheddar and green chilis for a little kick! The combination of flavors for this dish is comfort food at its best!
So call up those friends you need to reconnect with and have them all over for a delicious and satisfying dinner. You will be glad you did, I promise!
- 1 pound Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin
- 2 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 1/2 cup yellow corn grits (not instant grits)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilis
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Unwrap the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin and place on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- While tenderloin is cooking bring the chicken stock to a low boil over medium high heat in a sauce pan.
- When stock is boiling reduce heat to low and stir in the grits, cover and allow to cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and green chilis and remove from heat when all the liquid has absorbed.
- Remove the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin from the oven and allow it to rest at least five minutes.
- To assemble, place the grits in the bowl and top with sliced Tenderloin and garnish with additional green chilis and cheddar if desired.
With Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork you don’t have to turn to less flavorful options when you’re in a hurry to answer “what’s for dinner?” Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is an easy meal solution for any night of the week, not just special occasions. It is available in a variety of flavors across Tenderloins, Loin Filets and Sirloins. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork recipes can be made in 30 Minutes or less, they can also be roasted, sautéed, or slow cooked! Now that is Real Flavor Real Fast!
Visit Smithfield http://www.smithfield.com/meal-ideas/real-flavor-real-fast/ for more recipes! Then come back and let me know what Real Fast recipe did you try first?