Try these healthy Grilled Shrimp Skewers for a healthy, easy dinner option! This recipe is naturally low carb, gluten free and keto-friendly!
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
We have had the best summer. We’ve spent numerous evenings with family and friends, usually gathered around a delicious meal. This summer I’ve loved serving up this Chicken Caprese Salad and this Grilled Jalapeno Lime Chicken!
But in the spirit of cherishing what few Summer evenings are left, I have a really easy weeknight dinner that is healthy and comes together super fast! These Grilled Shrimp Skewers are a simple blend of flavorful seasonings and tender shrimp, resulting in the perfect, easy keto meal!
Ingredients in Grilled Shrimp
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Grilled Shrimp Skewers. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Shrimp- shells removed
- Olive oil, lemon juice
- Minced parsley, minced garlic
- Italian seasoning, salt, paprika and pepper
Homemade marinade for low carb shrimp recipe
This marinade is such a delicious way to make sure that every bite of your keto seafood is delectable! This homemade marinade combines a few staples to make a really fresh, flavor packed sauce that compliments the shrimp perfectly. You will love the ease of the flavor combinations!
Just combine the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and spices and you’re good to go! This marinade is also delicious on top of chicken thighs or boneless breasts. Just marinate your chicken overnight and you will wake up to a winning dinner! This Grilled Shrimp Marinade will keep fresh in the fridge for up to a week, so make some extra for a mid-week meal!
How do I make keto shrimp?
First, make your marinade and set aside. Add your shrimp to a ziploc bag and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the shrimp. Allow to sit while the grill is preheating. Thread your shrimp onto skewers (I used these metal skewers) and grill at medium heat- about 350 degrees F- for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until your shrimp is cooked through. Add the last portion of the marinade to the shrimp during the last minute of cooking.
What should I serve with Shrimp Skewers?
Fajita Veggies are one of my favorite healthy side dishes. Add a Keto Margarita and Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice to make it a Mexican night! If you’re serving a crowd, add this Grilled Jalapeno Lime Chicken or Blackened Salmon Kebobs to your grill for more great keto meal options!
Tips for the best Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Thoroughly mix your marinade so all of the flavors are incorporated
- Make special care that all of your shrimp is covered so every piece is full of flavor!
- Watch your shrimp closely so that it doesn’t overcook- this keto shrimp cooks quickly!
- Allow your grill enough time to heat up so your shrimp has longer to marinate
More keto grilling recipes
It’s finally getting warmer out, so you know what that means! Yup, it’s grilling season. Add Caesar Chicken to your dinner plans this week and you won’t be sorry! Grilled Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps are the perfect low carb appetizer, and they accompany Grilled Chicken Legs so well! Pair these Greek Chicken Kebobs with keto Tzatziki for a delicious, easy meal!
More easy keto recipes
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound shrimp shells removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Place the shrimp in a ziplock bag and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to marinade while the grill is preheating.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (discard any marinade left in bag).
Grill over medium heat (about 350 degrees F) 2-3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Brush the remaining marinade on the shrimp in the last minute of cooking.