Fruit Sorbet and Sparkling Wine Floats are perfect for an elegant Spring treat! Only two ingredients!
One of the best things about Spring is all of the parties. You know, the bridal showers, baby showers, house warming parties, BBQ get togethers, the picnics, all of it! Of course, getting together with family and friends is always nice, but there is something extra special about doing it in the Spring. The warmer weather, the flowers, and the tastes of Spring, it just adds so much.
When Gloria Ferrer sent me two bottles of their sparkling wine I knew I wanted to do something very seasonal that would be perfect for a Spring party. I was sent the VA de VI and Blanc de Noirs. The Va de Vi is a smooth blend of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and a hint of Moscato. It has hints of peach, lemon, berries and vanilla. I paired the Va de Vi with a Mango Sorbet for a light, fizzy, fruity treat.
The Blanc de Noris is crafted from hand harvested Pinot Noir grapes, it has strawberry, black cherry and subtle vanilla highlights. The sorbet choice for this wine was a no brainer, I made a simple Strawberry Sorbet to compliment the natural flavors of the wine.
The sorbet is super simple. When I say simple, I really mean it. All you need are two ingredients and a blender to create it. To make the sorbet I simply blended the fruit with the wine until it was smooth, then I froze it overnight.
When ready to serve place a scoop of the sorbet in a glass, and pour the sparkling wine over the top. It is a very simple treat that is bound to impress your guests!
- For the Mango Sorbet
- 2 heaping cups of frozen mango
- 1/3 cup VA de VI Sparkling Wine
- For the Strawberry Sorbet
- 2 heaping cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Blanc de Noirs Sparkling Wine
- For the Mango Sorbet: Place the mango and wine in the blender and blend until smooth. Place mixture in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- For the Strawberry Sorbet: Place the strawberry and wine in the blender and blend until smooth. Place mixture in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- To assemble: Place two scoops of sorbet in a cup and pour chilled wine over the sorbet.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.