Tuna Stuffed Peppers, packed with flavor and super easy!
Are you as obsessed with these little sweet peppers as I am? I never leave the grocery without them. They are good in all sorts of things.
I normally default to Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers or Buffalo Chicken, but sometimes you just need something a little different! I have always been a big tuna fan. Actually, one of my favorite meals growing up was a tuna wrap.
Just a tortilla, tuna, and shredded cheese. Simple and delicious! But as I have gotten older and my appreciation for food has changed, I need a little something more than the basics.
These Tuna Stuffed Peppers are super easy to throw together. Just a few basic ingredients for a quick lunch or a light dinner. The Chipotle Tuna isn’t really spicy, but it has a great smokey flavor with a hint of heat that is perfectly balanced with the sweet peppers.
Ingredients for Tuna Peppers
As always, here is quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make these Tuna Stuffed Peppers. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Sweet peppers- I prefer to use the smaller peppers for this recipe
- BubbleBee Chipotle Tuna- this tuna has a little kick, but it isn’t too spicy- kids will still enjoy this meal!
- Cream cheese- I used reduced fat
- Chili powder
- Green onions- thinly diced
- Shredded cheddar
How do you make Stuffed Peppers?
First, slice your peppers in half and remove any seeds. Place your peppers in a single layer on a nice big baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine the drained Chipotle Tuna, cream cheese, spices, green onions and cheddar and mix well. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each sweet pepper and top with a little extra shredded cheddar.
Pop those babies in the oven until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Top with green onions, cilantro, some sliced avocados or tomatoes for a simple, delicious dinner!
How to Store and Reheat Tuna Stuffed Peppers
To store these peppers, I would recommend placing the peppers in either a single layer within a plastic bag or in a single layer in a glass or plastic container in the fridge. These peppers will keep for 2-3 days.
To reheat, I would recommend placing the peppers back onto a baking sheet and warming them in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Can you make Tuna Stuffed Peppers ahead of time?
For sure! If you are interested in only making the mixture beforehand, the Chipotle Tuna mixture will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days. To prepare the peppers ahead of time, slice in half and remove the seeds. Put the sliced peppers onto a paper towel and wrap them up.
Put the wrapped peppers into a container and add about half an inch of water to the container, to retain crispiness in the peppers for as long as possible. Use the chopped peppers within two days. Since the peppers won’t stay fresh for very long after they are sliced, if you are making this ahead of time, I recommend waiting to slice the peppers until necessary. The fresher the pepper the more delicious it is stuffed!
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
- One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Ranch Sandwiches
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) pack of sweet peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) can BubbleBee Chipotle Tuna, drained well
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice sweet peppers lengthwise and remove any seeds. Place the peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combined the tuna, cream cheese, chili powder, green onions and 1/2 cup of the cheddar. Mix until completely combined.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each sweet pepper, top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 pepper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 3.9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 111.2mgCarbohydrates: 4.7gNet Carbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4.5g