This Cucumber Chickpea Salad is packed with spiralized cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, feta and tossed in a simple lemon vinaigrette.
Last week (after I ate all the chocolate chip cookies) I got on a major health kick. I went to the gym after work. I did yoga before work. I broke out the blender for some mega green smoothies. I was in total winter-is-gone-lets-all-eat-vegetables mode.
When I went to the grocery I grabbed radishes, kale, eggplant, cucumbers, anything green I grabbed! Then, two days later I was all I-just-want-a-cheeseburger-please-don’t-give-me-anything-green. Ha!
Even though I wasn’t craving all of the healthy stuff my fridge was packed with it so I had to power through and put my greasy cheeseburger cravings aside. I made a quick and easy Cucumber Chickpea Salad to pack for lunch. This salad is packed with spiralized cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and feta in a simple lemon vinaigrette. This is the perfect summer salad to pack for picnics or potlucks. It is super healthy, simple and is full of ingredients you probably already have on hand.
If you don’t have a spiralizer you can definitely still make this by thinly slicing or chopping a cucumber. I just happened to use mine because I think the cucumber noodles look pretty.
This is a great recipe to keep in mind for all your summer produce! Quick, easy and super healthy!
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the spiralized cucumber, drained chickpeas and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a lid combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, minced shallot, and Italian seasoning. Screw lid on jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Add feta cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill for a few hours before serving to meld flavors
For more Healthy Recipes: